• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How can i edit the UI without messing it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
When i edit the UI and imort it it doesn't do anything but takes away all the graphics (that i have modded) completely.

The only tutorial on editing the UI, here
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=97418
Only tells you where the files are located. I've edited them and again, after importation the UI simply does not show up in-game.

Will anynoe who knows please give me a short how-to?

Thanks.

Level 19
tutorials suck practices and examples rule
just use your logic
Download a blp converter make some images have same sizes with files inside mpqs import them anyway
SPAMM3D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
dude, i DO try and do things myself before posting here. But it seems that no matter how much i mod a UI graphic, after importing the game acts as if it's not even there.

I export it to .TGA from IEII, mod it in PhotoImpact with a simple brush-stroke, open with IEII again, convert to .BLP, import it and map it. And it always happens! It just effs up.

BTW, that "turotial" blows hardcore. It's nothing.

EDIT:
By "same sizes" do you mean width/height or do you mean FILE-size?

Level 9
Like i said.. I export the file, i make one single paint mark, a simple dot on the graphic, save it, import it to convert the file, then import it into WC. I think i know the problem, though i haven't tried it yet.

I read a tutorial of how to add a preview screen, i think it was from Ralle but for some reason i can't find it anywhere.. And no idea where i saw it just the other day. Anyway, in it you are told to save your final graphic as .tga OR .blp.
Well, the problem is you CANNOT make it work if it is saved as .blp.
I've been saving everything as .blp from the beginning of my importing days and since there is no way of knowing which to save it as, that may be where my problem is coming from.
Nobody tells you these things.. So i figure the next time i import it it should work. If not, well, i'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.