• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm trying to make this ability the same as this other ability

Ability 1: Screenshot - 0a1181939abd793f26f69abe2284b27f - Gyazo

I'm trying to make this ability a unit ability and exactly the same as this ability

Abiltiy 2: Screenshot - a54a8c132bcc6759ad63a464d7e45f81 - Gyazo

It seems the data fields are different.

Basically what I'm trying to do is. The default hotkey for the blink ability is "B"

For my games German players, this doesn't work so I need the hotkey field to light up red/purple.

So I basically need to either fix this ability or find another ability identical to this one. Any ideas of how to fix it, or another ability?

Level 12
Here's a good fix : copy paste the above ability to the one below.
The ability above's default hotkey is B. German players when they press B it doesn't register that they pressed it because their keyboards are different. So I have to make the button light up red/pink to tell the game it's a custom key and not the default key if that makes sense.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
The only solution I see for this problem is that you need to extract the AbilityStrings.txt of war3x with MPQ to your desktop, open it and following the logic of the file, at the end of it type "[RawData]" without the "", inside [] should be the raw data of your ability. Then in the next line type Name=Blink or whatever
Following on next line with Hotkey=B
And there you go. Save it where you first extracted and import it to your map, make it have the path like it was in the MPQ (Units\AbilityStrings.txt).
This should overwrite any fields that aren't changed (black).

Status
Not open for further replies.