• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can i convert .m3 to .mdx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I think this is a simple request... but i can be wrog about that :p

I simple want to convert a .m3 file from World of Warcraft MPQ to a MDX model to Warcraft III

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What does this have to do with StarCraft II?

A conversion is not directly possible as both .m3 and .mdx have different specifications. Some data will be missing or lost during the conversion.

World of WarCraft models are not suited for WarCraft III due to their higher quality nature making them appear out of place. It is advisible to use World of WarCraft models in StarCraft II as they are much closer quality to the native models there (WoW is lower quality in-fact).

Level 2
What does this have to do with StarCraft II?

A conversion is not directly possible as both .m3 and .mdx have different specifications. Some data will be missing or lost during the conversion.

World of WarCraft models are not suited for WarCraft III due to their higher quality nature making them appear out of place. It is advisible to use World of WarCraft models in StarCraft II as they are much closer quality to the native models there (WoW is lower quality in-fact).

Hmmm... understand... soo i'll need to create a new model to war3... T-T

Status
Not open for further replies.