• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

How can calculate a parabol vector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want make a missile ability but i don't know how to calculate a parabol vector to move dummy position and set dummy height logical.
Example: Start fly a dummy to (this point) over 1.00 game seconds (or Start fly a dummy with 700 speed over 1.200 game seconds) and maximum height is 300, minimum height is 50, know that timer loop is 0.03s
I want write this spell in Jass because i can change variables max height or speed, time expiration if i want! (It like's a System).
P/s: If give me a System, you should guide me Where is say parabol vector calculation ! Please!
thank for help :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A parabola...
y=-ax^2+bx+c

Instead of x, use flight time (time the unit has been in the air).
Instead of y, it is giving you the Z height for the unit.
a effects the parabola width.
b effects when the parabola reaches its maximum.
c effects the height of the parabola (here is where you factor in terrain height).

When the output of the formula is a negative number, you must be trying to move below the ground which is not possible and so you end the parabola movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.