• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How are people editing maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I have not used the World Editor in a long time, long before Reforged came out, and I was wondering what programs people are using to edit maps nowadays.

The reason I ask this is because Jass Newgen Editor doesnt work at all on the new patches but I still see some recently updated maps that are using functionalities from it.

Is there a new enhanced world editor that is being used? Or are people just using copies of odler versions to keep booting up JNG editor. And if that is the case, are those maps compatible with current versions of Wc3 or are there some quirks to be aware of?

Thank you

I have not used the World Editor in a long time, long before Reforged came out, and I was wondering what programs people are using to edit maps nowadays.

The reason I ask this is because Jass Newgen Editor doesnt work at all on the new patches but I still see some recently updated maps that are using functionalities from it.

Is there a new enhanced world editor that is being used? Or are people just using copies of odler versions to keep booting up JNG editor. And if that is the case, are those maps compatible with current versions of Wc3 or are there some quirks to be aware of?

Thank you
With the new Reforged Editor JASS Newgen isn't really necessary as most of the features from it have been added to the standard editor.

There is however also the Hive World Editor which isn't finished but I believe there are usable versions of it available somewhere.

Level 31
With the new Reforged Editor JASS Newgen isn't really necessary as most of the features from it have been added to the standard editor.

There is however also the Hive World Editor which isn't finished but I believe there are usable versions of it available somewhere.
What about issues with opening maps edited in Jass Newgen in the new world editor? It appears alot of maps that were made in JNGP editor cant be opened in reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.