• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HotS King Varian Wrynn + alts

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Heroes of the Storm King Varian Wrynn by Blizzard Entertainment.

This pack includes:
- King Varian Wrynn
- Footman Varian
- Grand Marshal Varian

Varian comes with three stances: Protection, Arms, and Fury. By default he will use the Protection stance; in order to use the Arms stance go to Art- Required Animations and add the tags "Upgrade, One" and for Fury add "Upgrade, Two". The stances are not meant to move across each other so generally you're going to have to pick one and roll with it (the tags can also be added at run time by adding Animation Tags to the unit, or removed by removing Animation Tags in the same way).

I am deliberately avoiding using 'Alternate' for one of the stances because some abilities like Avatar and Locust Swarm always refer to it. If this is your desired behavior you can edit the model to change the tags of the stance you require.

Technically he has a 'fourth' stance which is really 'no stance', but it is not included because it would bloat the file size even further. If you must know it's two-handed sword in the Protection stance.

Fun trivia: Varian's Arms stance attack animations are identical to War3 Paladin Arthas' attack animations.

UD 7/6/2021: Fixed Stand Channel in Upgrade stances by adding them. Added Spin animation. Changed Spell Throw for dual wielding to something more appropriate.

"For Azeroth!"
Previews
Contents

Footman Varian (Model)

Grand Marshal Varian (Model)

King Varian Wrynn (Model)

Level 10
You got a point bout that "alternate tags" kinda realized that just now
nice that you put hero glow too in the shalamayne's orb
one thing that i will not make him do is to stand victory lol but its fine lol
👏👏👏

Level 1
hi? Can you help me? i imported your model files but the model turned to completely black. i dont know why. And i have put the correct Import Path in the Import Editor. I'm using W3 ver 1.29.
Here the image result below:

Attachments

• Screenshot (141).png
    Screenshot (141).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot (142).png
    Screenshot (142).png
    142.3 KB · Views: 39
Level 8
hi? Can you help me? i imported your model files but the model turned to completely black. i dont know why. And i have put the correct Import Path in the Import Editor. I'm using W3 ver 1.29.
Here the image result below:
Does it do it in game too, or just in the editor?

I've made a Reforged HD version of this model using your SD version. Would you have any objections to me uploading this (and potentially some others)? I will of course give you full credit for the original model, it would be more of a texture pack and upgrade for some features. Here's a gif for you to see (if you're on the RMS discord I left instructions on how to do the texture editing in the texture showcase).

HDVarianWIP3.gif

HDVarianWIP1.gif

Last edited: