• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HotS Diablo 2 Mephisto, Lord of Hatred + alts

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Heroes of the Storm Mephisto from Diablo 2 by Blizzard Entertainment.

This pack contains:
- Mephisto
- Star Wraith Mephisto
- Toys Mephisto
- Pet Mephisto (from Diablo 3)

Similar to Kel'thuzad, Mephisto is VERY large. Unlike Kel'thuzad, he's not nearly as sophisticated in his animations. He does have some interesting, long-casting animations which are inappropriate for anything save the most elaborate abilities and they're flagged as 'Cinematic'. First is Consume Souls; Second is Shade of Mephisto; Third is Durance of Hate.

I realize he has a lightning effect, but I'm not familiar with how to get it to work like most other effects.

Everyone's waiting for Baal... and we're very likely only going to see him if someone rips him from Diablo 2R.

Fun fact: Mephisto has a thing for Auriel. In fact he really gets along with the Demonic version.

ED 9/24/2021: Added Diablo 3 Mephisto Pet with HotS Mephisto animations. He was much simpler than doing Razorclaw.

"I tell everyone who dates my daughter the same thing: "While my daughter and I may not see eye to eye... if you hurt her, I will impale you with barbed hooks for all of eternity." So, it's Inarius's fault really."
Previews
Contents

Diablo 3 Mephisto Pet (Model)

HotS Diablo 2 Mephisto, Lord of Hatred + alts (Model)

Star Wraith Mephisto (Model)

Toys Mephisto (Model)

Level 18
disagre, models work well good for me patch 1.26, they have texture path, maybe you forgot about that, if not then problem must be with your versions of wc3
It might be a texture thing. I hope you're right about that, in any case. I'd hate it if I had to reinstall the whole damn game for the umpteenth time from a non-official source.

Edit: I sort of found a workaround, where I opened up the texture in War3ModelEditor and reapplied the texture with a new path. But what's weird is it comes out glitched when I do that. I think it's definitely a problem on my end and I'll be working on it myself.

Last edited:
Level 17
Edit: I sort of found a workaround, where I opened up the texture in War3ModelEditor and reapplied the texture with a new path. But what's weird is it comes out glitched when I do that. I think it's definitely a problem on my end and I'll be working on it myself.
hmmmm you can made easy this by downloaded mdx pather, so open model in this program and replace custom blp path with this war3mapImported\ and save it. try this, if it have some weir stuff post picture maybe can be help

Level 18
hmmmm you can made easy this by downloaded mdx pather, so open model in this program and replace custom blp path with this war3mapImported\ and save it. try this, if it have some weir stuff post picture maybe can be help
Well, here's a screencap of how the texture is coming out for me. It's quite strange. Only half of Mephy's face is rendered.
Mephisto Texture Problem.png

Level 18
On to a new subject: There actually IS a Baal model floating around from XGM, but it's highly dated. I think it would be best if someone tried to build upon it to fit better alongside the hots models.