• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
yeah i need help with this too, what ports did you foward? and is that UDP or TCP

im lost, i have a really shitty router too

Level 15
There are a number of tutorials that outline the whole procedure quite well, so I'll spare the details. (A Google search should find them pretty easily)

However, here are some things I've found that can interfere with hosting:

Having multiple computers using the same Battle.net port
In the options menu in Warcraft 3, the Battle.net port defaults to 6112. If you have multiple computers that may be playing WC3 on battle.net at the same time (when one of them is hosting), each computer should have a different port number. So make one computer 6112, another 6113, and the other 6114. (and so forth) Also make sure you forward or trigger each of these ports correctly in your router/firewall. (Battle.net uses UDP while in game, but the setup process may use TCP so you should allow both TCP and UDP in the port forwarding/triggering on your router/firewall)

Having other programs that interfere with open ports
BitTorrent and other programs can interfere with hosting on Battle.net at times. I suggest you close any other programs that may involve a connection to the internet (besides your web browser) before trying to host.

Level 7
i have tried both them things, all that was running was LAN and Xfire, Xfire does nothing coz my mate used to be able to host and he uses Xfire.
My pc is THE only pc that plays warcraft on the whole street, do you think i might have to close any interfering programs on my mums and steves pc?

Level 15
I honestly do not know, because every computer setup is very different so it's hard to determine exactly what is wrong.

It's worth trying though, just to see if it will work.

Level 7
Super simple --> Go to your firewall and set all options that u can manualy choose when something connects to your PC that u can deny or accept this!

No, I think I know your problem. Turn Off windows Firewall (Comes by default with Service Pack 2) completely before trying to host. I found that after trying everything else and not being able to host this finally did it for me.

done both them things no damn thin works, i have forwarded ports, full pc reformat, got safecom to try and fix it, and even so far to extreme we contacted bulldog nobody could help, maybe we're just one of them unlucky b***tards that cant host :witch_doc_sad:

Level 27
done both them things no damn thin works, i have forwarded ports, full pc reformat, got safecom to try and fix it, and even so far to extreme we contacted bulldog nobody could help, maybe we're just one of them unlucky b***tards that cant host :witch_doc_sad:

Omg it works really... i only have now idea how to do it because my brother did it but u can do it and it works :p

Status
Not open for further replies.