• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Host Variable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well when I try to use the variable "Host" in an Event, it doesnt show up...

And I need it to show up because I'm trying to make it so its like

• Player - Host types a chat message containing -go as An exact match
but it always says "No generated variable of this type exists." so I have to do

• Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -go as An exact match
How do I make it so it displays Player variables in the Events?

Help?

Level 4
If you set up the Host variable correctly and assigned a player to it, then it should be there. If it isn't, put this in the trigger in which you defined Host:

• Actions
    • Trigger - Add to Host_Trigger the Event (Player - Host types a chat message containing -go as An exact match
    • -------- Host_Trigger is the trigger that you posted. Make sure Host_Trigger has no events already in it. --------
That should work.

Level 4
The host variable has to be set before you add the event to the trigger (as shown above).

This is because the trigger event takes a player once (aka whatever host is at the time), and doesn't change to reflect the host variable changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.