• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Host Helper v. BETA

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Very simple tool for people to help host. Created for MOST version routers. Linksys etc...
Contents

Host Helper v. BETA (Binary)

Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 7th of February, 2008 Approval status: Ignored Rating: None Notices: [-] This tool is completely unnecessary.

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 7th of February, 2008
Approval status: Ignored
Rating: None

Notices:
[-] This tool is completely unnecessary.

Level 2
What is this all about?

Line 0 (File "C:\Documents and Settings\?\Local Settings\Temp\HostHelper.exe")
FileWrite($file3,$username)
Error: Invalid file handle used.

Level 1
I agree with everyone else. You really should add instructions to it. 8)

When I press start he opens a page "192.168.1.1" and it doesnt display anything. When I use "Update" option it gives me "portforward" dile that opens a page where I can see stuff I THINK I need but I cannot change anything.

I couldn't host for 3 damn years. Can you please send instrucions? :lol:

Level 2
99% credit goes to Garret. Dont know his name on here tho, Im_on_56k i think. I just submitted it for him.

Ok here is how it works.

Enter you username, type in NONE at default, then type in your password, Admin , at default, then click start. It opens up browser, and if the entered info is correct, it connects u to linkys.

Level 1
i dont realy know how to use this :/ but i really want to open my own maps can somebody explain it to me . better it is on german for me or doesn't it work at the german version??

Afro32

Level 1
i dont know about routers and things but everytime i press on the program hosthelper it deletes itself :x :x :x how do i fix this :evil: :evil: :evil:

Level 1
I think these are the things it needs:
1.User Friendly Interface (I keep messing up wondering what the hell the terms mean :( )
2.Instruction Manual (The insturctions given pop up so fast that I can't even get the second step done by the time it finishes)

I'd like to say thankyou for making such a wonderful program to help us router users :wink:

Level 2
Dude what u mean u got hacked? I dont friggen hack #1) and #2) the program does not connect to any sort of server. http://www.google.com. Go and search for microsoft anti spy. Then go to google again and search for Av personal. I would never do anything of the sort.

Level 2
isnt there a way to use this port but block hackers? like mayby have some sortof code or password or sumthing that would take days or even weeks to crack?

Level 5
Ok i have a few questions.
:?: Does this work for people even with a password that is not admin?
:?: If werewulf truely got hacked like he said is there any kind of protection that could stop a hacker from coming in and taking all of my stuff?
:?: Most importantly will this work on netgear routers?

Level 1
Hey well this work if im hooked up to my dads comp and the routers on his comp and would the user/pass be same as my internet service?

Level 2
if this does do what it says it does im geussing it deactivates ur firewall... so that u have no protection because my wc3 wont host if i have the router in or if i have the other modem thing in but with firewall on the comp on... so basicly people can hack u if this is what it does.................... and there is safer ways to be able to host.. there is things to allow wc3 to do it some how in the firewall settings or something but i dunno anything about that so whats the real point of this.. there is alot of people hosting anyway.. tho be easyer if every one could host.. i think there is probaly a unsafe thing with wc3 and thats why u cant host in first place because ur firewall see's it as unsafe so this is just gunna mean u have no safety for ur comp if it does do all the stuff i think i oredy typed lol so ur probaly better of not hosting lol

Level 2
Don't complain if you got hacked there are very few ways to allow you to host.. the 2 i know are static ip's and opening the port. This will allow you to be hacked and it isnt axe.killer's fault. it is your fault for thinking u can host without the routers/firewalls configuration being changed.... :evil:

Level 3
It goes to fast, and what it does when I start it is crap. It opens internet explorer and types in my IP address. That or it types in my account n password for my router. If you know why this is happening....... TELL MEEEEEEE!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Level 1
8) k guys i have verizon dsl "westell" i just finish fixing my router and now i can host ... i am cool enough to help anyone with same dsl router as mine just send me an e-mail and im me at [email protected] "MSN" only if u have dsl westell router as i do i may help you with that.... 8)

Level 2
I run the program and it goes to username and mine is always blank so i click enter and an error comes up.

So I run again and this time i put admin and again error.

So I run for a third time and i put in none and yet again error.

And why are all the documnets blank???

Level 9
To help me host I went to www.portforward.com

Click on the 'Forwarding' link at the top and then find the name of router or firewall and click on it.

Then you get a smaller, but still huge, list of programs, find Warcraft III (Doesnt matter if you have tft, its the same thing)

Then just follow their step-by-step instrustions! yay for them!

Hope this helps :D

3.26ly

3.26ly

I wouldnt rely on this program, no way im dl-ing it or trying it.

Level 4
LOL it give you a VIRUS omg lol hahahaha rofl that's crazy they made programs with virus hahahhaha lol...
Close pc-shield to host or close the modem-router shield to can host...Try to check that things to host...I have do that and i can host from the first day i buy wc3 Frozen...