• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] Horde Invasion! Shoot 'Em Up 2D game for 1,2,3 players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am here to post a 2D shoot Em Up game I developed with GameMaker 8.1 based on warcraft III. Basically you shoot down orcs endlessly to score points or until 20 slip away.
Quite frankly I was bored and needed to make myself busy with some coding, but wasn't itnerested in another Warcraft III Map :D.

You can download it from here: CLICK

Please give a feedback. Do you like it, do you not? What would you like to see more? Etc...

There is a screenshot of the game:
screen.png

Last edited:
Level 20
I recorded the 3d Animations and converted them into 2D animated sprites. It's interesting that it fooled you :D

so the official classification of the game is "2.5D"
2.5D is still 3D models in a 3D space, only confined to a 2D plane.

This one is straight up 2D like Starcraft is.

Level 4
Pretty cool. I don't like CTRL being the shoot key as it's bound to something else on my keyboard and it's making my monitor do weird things. It's a good start but very slow paced. I would consider what other games are like this and they tend to have enemies moving left and right because it adds a timing element. (Atari had more than one like this)

Status
Not open for further replies.