• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

HoMM3 --> WC3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i don't know if anyone around here ever played heroes of might and magic 3, but i think its one of the best. probably the best non-blizzard game around (in my opinion at least). anyways, i was wondering if you guys think it would be at all possible to make warcraft maps in the format of that legendary game, or if that would be way too hard to do. if it were possible it would be sweet, but i have no idea how you could make the turn-based play, multiple resources, and a few other nuisances work smoothly. so i was wondering what you guys thought.

Level 22
Heroes II was indeed a very nice game, i made maps with it to 8)

but, more resources is possible. but u can only c 3 (instead of food use a resource)
for the rest u must use variables and game text..

turn based is posible, just pause all the units of a plasyer while the other goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.