• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Holy Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey I have been trying to create a spell called "Holy Nova" for like 50 min now, the spell is like the WoW prist holy nova, it damages all enemies around you and heals all friends around you. I based it on channel and here is the trigger.
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Nova
  • Actions
  • Set HolyNovaPlayer = (Owner of (Casting unit))
  • Set HolyNovaArea = (Region centered at (Position of (Casting unit)) with size (300.00, 300.00))
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in HolyNovaArea) and do (If (((Picked player) is an enemy of HolyNovaPlayer) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal) else do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit) + 100
I dont know what is wrong but I also have this model for it HolyAwakening - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
made by JetFangInferno.

But I cant get the explosion effect to you know work (the special effect doesnt come) and nor can I get it to heal/damage enemies/allies

Level 5
not 100% sure, but i do believe channel wont work with GUI... i read something like that somewhere. might wanna look it up. Squiggy's way should work though.

Level 8
Action should be:

Pick every unit in range of 300 of (Casting unit) matching (Owner of(Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit)) equal to true and do actions:
Cause casting unit to damage (Picked unit)

Pick every unit in range of 300 of (Casting unit) matching (Owner of(Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit)) equal to false and do actions:
Set life of (Picked unit) to (Life of picked unit) + X

Level 5
well the only mistake is the unit group action:

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in HolyNovaArea) and do (If (((Picked player) is an enemy of HolyNovaPlayer) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal) else do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit) + 100

Should be Owner Of (Picked Unit)

greetz

Status
Not open for further replies.