• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hill's Village

----------Sylvie Presents----------

Hill's Village
Created by Sylvie

Map Info:

Just a simple template of a simple village, this is my first terrain, hope you all enjoy!
All feedback is welcome!

Features:

-418 Doodads;
-No custom resources.

Screenshots

242466-albums7903-picture93605.png

---
242466-albums7903-picture93606.png

---
242466-albums7903-picture93607.png

---
242466-albums7903-picture93608.png

---
242466-albums7903-picture93609.png

---
242466-albums7903-picture93610.png

Author's notes:

If you use it, be sure to give me credits!
Thanks to Forsaken, for some tips!

Change log:

Uploaded the map.

Changed the Sky;
Add more Doodads;
Changed the Fog;
Updated the screenshots.

Add more doodads;
Updated the screenshots.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-

Keywords:
Template, Village, Hills, Mountain, Farm, Sylvie.
Contents

Hill's Village (Map)

Reviews
15:14, 19th Jan 2015 Orcnet: The template looks a bit monotone in total view, as well as how this map is going to be filled in some game types, its small and those rocky mountains never look like a mountain, they more look like hills. Not...

M

15:14, 19th Jan 2015
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

The template looks a bit monotone in total view, as well as how this map is going to be filled in some game types, its small and those rocky mountains never look like a mountain, they more look like hills.

Not sure why those trees looks very unnatural, how about adding more? as well on adding vegetation such as grass, rocks, and stuff that will make it natural.

The village looks really empty, you could expand more structural buildings, crates, human-related materials, and other stuff that will make it a village look. Same goes with the granary, and grave yard.

For now this can somehow be of purpose, but I believe making more atmosphere to the terrain could give this a better standard.

So here we go :)

I can live up with the flatness but not with the lack of a slightly better tile variation.

It needs more doodads, it's TOO barren and desolate.
~Add some shrubs tinted to your needs, rocks, cattails, lily pads with orange tint.
~~More tress, right now it looks like lumber jacks came by and cut half of the trees down and planted grass instead of it!

It's better to change the sky to Fogged.

-------------

Generally it needs more life, work more on it Sylvie.

Good start though :)

Level 11
So here we go :)

I can live up with the flatness but not with the lack of a slightly better tile variation.

It needs more doodads, it's TOO barren and desolate.
~Add some shrubs tinted to your needs, rocks, cattails, lily pads with orange tint.
~~More tress, right now it looks like lumber jacks came by and cut half of the trees down and planted grass instead of it!

It's better to change the sky to Fogged.

Generally it needs more life, work more on it Sylvie.

Good start though :)

Looks good!
On the first SS, have you used the sharp terrain thing?
It doesnt looks so good when the ground is so sharp, maybe you should smooth it.
[Also it might would help if you added more enviroments.]
Or else it looks good 4/5
Voting for -Approval

I see, thanks for the feedback, improving it! :D

Level 6
Some tips:

It needs more highgrass/bushes
Plant some grass/ bushes around trees.
Try to put some trees together for diferse terrain
Place some villagers with animals. Dogs/cows/horses
Most villages have a church and a market
Why is the village there? ; does it connect to waters, make a harbor. Does it supply wood for distribution, make a winmill. Are they mining minerals/gold/diamonds? Is it a tradingplace? Lots of animals for milk/meat stuff?
Give trees/buildings/villagers and animals different hights. So a villager is not the same hight as a tree or building.

Good luck

Level 4
I like the idea of a small little village(good for a small zombie attack map?) But it's dull. By reading the I see the main issue is not enough doodads, terrain is flat, nothing that really POPS but other then that looks nice, also remove Melee Initialization from the map:smile:
Rate: 3/5

Level 4
Why would he/she remove that?
I don't see the correlation between making terrain templates and changing triggers.

You can do that yourself you know, he's not obliged to do so since it's not required.
Some terrain templates have triggers that add to terrain, but I just don't see the need for that trigger since you really can't make a melee or altered melee map out of it. He/she doesn't have to I was just putting it out there

Level 6
Well, why put it in if its unnecessary.
And if its not that hard, why don't you just fixt it so easly.

Level 12
My only suggestion for this would be to better size match some of your doodads to more realistic heights.

For instance, your second screenshot, the fences are almost the same height as the granary. Within the last screenshot of the statue, the walls do not fully connect. I fix the wall issue by making them all a size of 1.01 (Default being 1.0) so that they mesh into each other, eliminating those pesky gaps. (Use Home/End PageUp/PageDown to adjust the size and height after editing the size)

Overall not that bad of a layout for a first time terrain template.