• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

High-res Doodad Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, I just downloaded an High-res doodad pack from WC3C, I need the high-resolution stones, but there are in .blp files, do I need to convert them to .mdx? If so, how? I also tried importing the .mdx files but they doesn't work. Or do I have to change the path to "Textures/RPEG (I forgot if its RPEG or REPG or something else)/NAME." please help.

Level 6
Those stones doesn't have an MDX, all of them are just BLPs, rocks are doodads, they don't have an replaceable texture.

Those stones doesn't have an MDX, all of them are just BLPs, rocks are doodads, they don't have an replaceable texture.

yeah, but they still use textures... ALL MODELS USES TEXTURES...

the only difference that destructables have is that they have easily replaceable texture capability meaning you can change their texture via the editor without modifiying the model itself and you can use just any texture for them, unlike others that has a specific texture path...

ex. the archmage model uses a skin with this path: units/Human/HeroArchMage/HeroArchMage.blp

maybe you downloaded the expansion pack? that pack I think is used to provide extra textures that you can use for the existing models in the original pack...

Each doodad from HIGH RES PACK use different texture (you can see files above 1, 2 MB and so one)
Image quality is awesome that's why they are called high res!

You can edit it if you want to resize file size ^^
But you need to know texture path:

units/Human/HeroArchMage/HeroArchMage.blp

Human Hero: Archmage
as Adiktuz already commented above!

I can create test map with stones if you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.