• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] High/Blood Elf Buildings (REFORGED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im currently working on blood/high elf buildings, there not quite finished, but is this what you are looking for?

WC3ScrnShot_052220_020653_001.png

Level 18
Hello there :)

Just happen to bump into this thread. The request section really is a gold mine.

I'm looking forward your models, thank you very much :)

Level 9
Man these are perfect! Shame it's lacked by default. Are these planned on being released anytime soon?

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey everyone

i just wanted to assure everyone i'm still working on these, i have had little time to work on them but thought id give those waiting an update,

town halls, barracks, AS, Tower need animations sorted and polished

wip lumber mill and blacksmith (not fully happy with their look)

sadly i lost the alter but will be making it again very soon as well as defense towers

please give cc where i can improve the look of these

Townhalls.png
BarracksArcane.png
Hightower.png
Lumberforge.png

Level 14
I believe that the forge looks too similar to the human one now in terms of design. I was thinking about some king of mana-forge /chantry - AS main part of building with crystal shield doodad (or top part of the energy tower - towers are great resource of pretty little details, by the way) instead of planetarium part.

Upd. If the idea of mana forge is too much, you could also take a look at Silvermoon blacksmithing district in WoW: bird-like statue (?), lava pool, etc. Here's screenshot: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/738082972762374224/811913252685479996/unknown.png. It would make the building more unique.

Upd. 2. Speaking of lumbermill I would like to make a reference to WC2 lore: "The Elves of Quel'thalas constructed Lumber mills where they became exceptional craftsmen. The Elves offered their superior skills in service to the Alliance, providing more efficient means for processing lumber".
But what could it mean to be efficient in processing lumber for elves? Is it only about saws and axes? Or it's more about recultivation?
That's why, if the elven tech tree would have a building like lumbermill, I believe it should look like some sort of botanists' station rather than woodcutters' lodge.

Last edited:
Hey everyone

i just wanted to assure everyone i'm still working on these, i have had little time to work on them but thought id give those waiting an update,

town halls, barracks, AS, Tower need animations sorted and polished

wip lumber mill and blacksmith (not fully happy with their look)

sadly i lost the alter but will be making it again very soon as well as defense towers

View attachment 373821 View attachment 373822 View attachment 373824 View attachment 373825
I can provide you some icons, if you give me a photo of your buildings with a proper angle.
Blood Elf Buildings- Red Team Color
High Elf Buildings- Blue or Teal Team Colors (but I think Teal is far more immersive for the High Elves compared to Blue.):ogre_love:

Level 18
Hey there :)

Pretty hyped by the models!

High Elf Buildings- Blue or Teal Team Colors (but I think Teal is far more immersive for the High Elves compared to Blue.):ogre_love:
I believe original High Elves icons are blue (for example the High Elven Barracks), maybe it should stick within the same color to remain usable homogeneously.

Everything is looking great! As you requested, I have a bit of feedback for the buildings :)

Town Hall
I think Tier 1 is lacking a bit of something, a bit of "more buildings" at his back.

Barracks
It's looking a bit bigger than the rest of the buildings supposed to be at the same scale, and it's also looking more like some kind of holy building (like a church) or even a noble mansion. Not sure the last point is really a problem though considering it's Elvish.

Arcane Sanctum
Seems okay, pretty much ressemble the base Arcane Sanctum but since it's already an Elven building I think it's okay.

Tower
I feel like the fact it has only "wing" at the top makes the model unbalanced visually.

Lumber Mill
Like others have mentioned, it may be lacking a bit of details. The top roof is covering everything in a kinda "flat" manner, maybe adding a chimney and a axe here and there would do the trick, but I think that's not all. In any case, it's already usable (the axe idea maybe too much considering Elven maybe don't "chop" trees).

Blacksmith
Pretty great!

I really LOVE your work, and I'm eager to see more and use them when finished, keep up the good work and thank you very much!

Level 9
Tower
I feel like the fact it has only "wing" at the top makes the model unbalanced visually.

The exact same tower exists in Outland for the Blood Elves with only one wing. Take it to Blizzard since they came up with the design in the first place. The Tower looks fine with a "wing".

Level 4
hey all,

just wanted to reassure everyone that this is still going, work/home/study has been at a head the last few months so haven't been able to dedicate the time i would like to, but i am able to now, to update you on progress some models have been getting tweaked/changes and most still have animations to sort (not going to lie animations aren't my strong suit).

i'm starting to feel i need to get these finished asap, so I may seek to enlist someone who is far better at animation than me to help finish as well as one who can make icons so these can get you all who have already been so patient in waiting.

i will provide further updates shortly, thanks again for being patient

Level 11
hi there are some of my new projects about blood elf like .....most of the model just conbined by lots of original model piecesView attachment 395726View attachment 395729View attachment 395728View attachment 395724View attachment 395725View attachment 395727
This loooks so BAD ASS. We need this. I will definitely use them in my map if you post them!
Best Blood Elf building for Reforged, no doughs! :wthumbsup:

How's the project going? Can't seem to enter your profile 'austinlxx' (This user's profile is not available).

Status
Not open for further replies.