• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide a buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi
I have a unit with 2 "Self" auras from a disabled spellbook which represent the bonuses given by another skill (in particular i used engineering upgrade to substitute the spellbooks for each level, this skill is called "2 weapons fighting" and the auras increase the damage and the attack speed, but also give a chance to miss trough a dummy curse caster). Now i want to make the buffs given by thoose auras to not be shown, the only solution i came out with is to make 2 buffs with a black icon, but it's a bit weird since when you mouse over the buffs area you will see the tooltips. Deleting the buffs from the abilities will only make them give the default buff.
Is there a better solution?

Level 19
Sadly, No way to get rid of buff icons as I know (only to make them black but... you know)

Level 7
oh well, i'll just write "Yeah i'm an hidden buff, what's your problem?" in the tooltip...either that or i'll make some normal buffs named "attack speed bonus for 2 weapons fighting" and "Damage bonus for 2 weapons fighting" (which probably will make the ability more "Serious") :smile:

Level 19
or use another abilities (example: item attack speed bonus for example) if possible

You cant give buff to a non-buffing-by-default ability
and cant remove buff from buffing-by-default ability which makes me cry

Level 7
uh right! Actually i was looking for a item damage increase bonus but they were all plan values not % so i gave up, totally forgetting i could've looked for an attack speed bonus too :hohum:
Well, 1 less black square at least, thanks!

EDIT:
Discovered that with the "Demolish" skill you can also increase damage against units, and it works pretty well (though it doesn't show the damage increase on the unit's statistics, i'll live with it)

Last edited:
Level 7
i've tried (actually it was my first thought) but it just works like putting a black icon, if not worse (since if the unit gets other buffs the icon of that buff will stay even when the buff will expire...and other weird things like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.