• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hidden Resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials > List of Hidden Material Within the World Editor

Sorry HT. I realize that the SuperSecretSearchSystem is so well hidden that it's difficult for users to find. Since I'm familiar with the site, I can usually manage to locate it after a bit of groping around:

search01.jpg

Level 26
The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials > List of Hidden Material Within the World Editor

Sorry HT. I realize that the SuperSecretSearchSystem is so well hidden that it's difficult for users to find. Since I'm familiar with the site, I can usually manage to locate it after a bit of groping around:

search01.jpg

Perhaps it should have used size 72 red bold triple underlined double fudge coated genetically enhanced words. that might make it slightly less secret.

Level 3
Well, the thing is, I did search. But not for the right thing, I guess. I searched hidden resources in world editor,secret resources in world editor, hidden models in world editor, and more, but I couldn't locate it.

Thank yuo for your help!

Level 24
Something rather relevant:
Being specific is not a good thing.
The SuperSecretSearchSystem pulls for individual words, using more words means it pulls from more posts, pulling from more posts is bad (search for apple toaster cinnamon. Excluding this one, the first post you will find has neither toaster nor cinnamon in it.). The opposite could happen when searching for phrases (which you actually can't, but I'm mentioning anyways), it may be entered incorrectly and pull nothing. Of course, searching for anything with "World Editor" in it is search suicide, as it is mentioned so often.

Also, you could have just searched for hidden resources, which would have been adequate. Yes, it's on the last page, but you should have expected that. It's a rather old topic, but not just within this forum. As such, you could expect it to have been addressed very early on, leading you to want to search starting from the oldest to newest.

Status
Not open for further replies.