• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi, am new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Im from Poland and my English isn't good, so please be patient... I play Warcraft since ~ 2002 or something (so quite long) but i'm not a great player... I mostly works in World Edit, (unfortunelly only few crappy textures of my production survived the last virus attack:cry: maby i upload them anyway...) Now i working hard with a huge map (it takes already 37 Mb!!!!, so I must definly decrease size of it...) called "Rebuild of Warcraft" - with nine playable races, and (actually) a lot of bugs:sad:
I think it's all...
Byenow..

Level 3
It's a single map and I think it's that huge because of great amount (or maby "number?" I don't really know... where's my dictionary..?) of imported texture and model files (something about 300 or maby even more) so I must just delete models that arent used and it will be OK.
I hope...

Level 11
Hi Chloru. Yea, you might wanna reduce that size, haha. Use models that resemble what you wanna use. For example, if you want a lizard, use a storm wyrm, or if you want a king, use the paladin. Great way to reduce filesize =D. Tell me if you want advice or anything. Good luck with your map.

Level 3
For real, I don't really need so much stuff. I just want to have it :mwahaha:
I planned to do some kind of "protomap" that can be a base of anything (and I have it, so if anyone needs empty map with so much models, I can freely send it - of course by mail - upload it, will be a crime).

Status
Not open for further replies.