• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Wow been over two years or so since I was last here, just wanted to check in on my old friends and say hello to all of you new guys. This place certainly has grown a lot since it was free website and we had like 7 members total :)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Hi, you probably don't know me, I'm the Animation Mod around here (says the title.)

And to inform you before someone else does, there's a new rule since you were last here about color tags, you aren't allowed to wrap your whole post in color. Just a heads up.

Level 36
No. That's what I said when Archian made this rule. Malufa will jam it up your ass :p Man, it is good to see you around again. Welcome back :) I expect you might remember me, as I was active back when you were in the day :D PS, your last visit was in September 2006. Not 2 years :p Why do I know this? In a shocking coinsidence, here's why:

Just yesterday, I was looking through my old posts (was bored, searched through the threads that I had created) Well I got to several of your old posts in my threads, and was wondering what you were up to at the time.. So I decided to check your profile to see when you last logged in, to see ig you still checked up now and again. And look at that, here you are the very next day. That's some scary shit.

All scariness aside, welcome back. The Hive has never been the same since I stopped seeing little traces of green here and there within others' posts :D

Level 36
You'll enjoy Malufa, he's an extremely intelligent guy. In fact, about a month ago, when GST_Nemesis showed up for the first time in ages (He's gone again BTW, gets payed to play Counterstrike so there goes his time on here) we were reminiscing about all the crazy philisophical discussions that you had back in the day. In your honour, he created a post about how pink is not actually a colour, but an anamoly of the brain. This is perfectly true for you who think i'm joking.

Anyway, Malufa had a really unique thing going on that you should all know about. Malufa came up with a creative way to use his moderator status. By editing others' posts. Whenever he would see spelling errors, Malufa would go in and edit that persons post for them with his trademark green text, and you'd know it was him in there fixing things up. Really was quite humorous to see. So, if you abolish his green text, well we wouldn't have any editing, and then bad english (i'm talking to you Bob27) would prevail... and we don't want that now do we?

Level 32
Level 24
So, if you abolish his green text, well we wouldn't have any editing, and then bad english (i'm talking to you Bob27) would prevail... and we don't want that now do we?

Hey whats wrong with my spelling? :p

Welcome back Malufa. it's always good to see veteran users become active again. Recent changes include new style sheets and a chatroom. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include::grin:

You did that post again! :p

Level 7
I was never here when he was a mod (he isn't now) but I wish i had seen the green text around just a little :D.An intelligent person now thats new around here :p well we hope you enjoy your stay here back at the Hive.

Level 21
No way. The return of William. Was this because i said to you on IM?

look at that post count? how on earth can u not know him!

speaking of i have a screen shot of you with 1337 posts?!?! why is less now?

anyways cya on msn, after june ill play vangaurd and you will play CSS yes? :) :)

also dont listen to any rules about your colour. no-one-cares.

Level 36
Except Archian.... Archian is insane over this policy... and he'll fight to the ends of the earth to have you change it (He created it himself too), so yeah, people do care, but hopefully things can be worked out for you, and then other lifelong coloured-text users like Shados can go back to using theirs...

And Nem, Vanguard is such a waste of money. Don't even bother with it.

Level 36
Vanguard turned out to be a terrible game, as PC Gamer reported... and I saw it for myself... just another subpar SOE game that was way overhyped.

In regards to your second question, take it up with Archian. Apparently, some [horribly noob] users were having difficulty reading [more like they're blind and/or whiney] the text when it was coloured... so Archian made up this rule that you can't wrap text in colour tags, and that anyone who protested would have their coloured text changed back to standard black. I believe it was one of Archians more controversial moves...

Level 12
Hi, you probably don't know me, I'm the Animation Mod around here (says the title.)

And to inform you before someone else does, there's a new rule since you were last here about color tags, you aren't allowed to wrap your whole post in color. Just a heads up.

Hi again and thank you ever so much for pointing this out to me. Apparently new people now have the ability to try to tell founding members what to do in regards to their forums. See I was one of the original members of this clan, long before we ever had this nice website.

I know Ralle very well, we have each other on our mobile phones, we talk on a semi-regular basis. I have made more maps and terrain not only for him than you could imagine, I have helped him and others in here with every aspect of their maps with the exception of skins and modeling.

In fact, let us take a look at Ralle's original map, WH 40k. Little known fact to most of you is that he copied the vast majourity of that map from me and my friend Jakob, whom those of you with an inkling of knowledge would better know him as DukeWintermaul.

When we went to our fourth forum section (here) I had more post counts than the next top two (Dan and Rasmus) combined due to the amount of help I was giving. There was then an internal error which deleted all of my posts and I still climbed quickly back to the top five withing three months, so one could say I was quite active.

So Chris, sorry to sound like I am pulling rank on you here, seeing as I have never heard of you before, but I am. When Ralle himself gives me a phone call and tells me to not write in green then I will, but unless that moment occurs then buzz off.

Hey Brad, long time no see dude! Yeah the only reason why I even thought of you guys was because of something Dan had mentioned to me the other day, I feel rather lost here now with how things are currently going.

Yes I am in Vanguard, on Woefeather, I am in charge of the third largest server guild and 43rd in the game. We are the fifth richest across the whole game and are currently in the middle of expanding our operations and influence. Check out my guild sometime if you guys wish: www.warriornation.net

The thing about Vangaurd is that you have to earn your levels, which takes time and dedication. You cannot go from level 1 to level 50 in three weeks like you can with WoW, just not possible. However, I think this makes it more fun as the people who play are generally more helping, older, and mature. The average age of my players is low thirties, so it is nice to deal with an older crowd.

I will try to check this place out every so often, but between my guild and my work most of my free time is spent.

Level 21
See I was one of the original members of this clan, long before we ever had this nice website.

mee too :)

Malufa said:
When we went to our fourth forum section (here) I had more post counts than the next top two (Dan and Rasmus) combined due to the amount of help I was giving. There was then an internal error which deleted all of my posts and I still climbed quickly back to the top five withing three months, so one could say I was quite active.

Dan is me. call me Nem. only the elite who write in green can call me Dan. :p

Level 36
Malufa said:

In fact, let us take a look at Ralle's original map, WH 40k. Little known fact to most of you is that he copied the vast majourity of that map from me and my friend Jakob, whom those of you with an inkling of knowledge would better know him as DukeWintermaul.

Ah, been meaning to talk to you about this for a long time :D See, Duke-Wintermaul (Right from version 1) always gave his email ([email protected]) to send bugs, comments etc. Well, one fine day many months ago I decided to add him on MSN. I assure you that his name is Russel. Dunno who you're thinking of, but since I know that this guy is actually the real Duke-Wintermaul, I'm not quite sure how your Jakob friend falls into things here.

Good to see you back again, but, Archian made the rule, so I suggest that you take it up with him (I think you outrank him by far xD) to see what he has to say. He made Shados, the other long standing colour tag user, switch to normal text, so i'm not sure if he will let you through (let alone even remember you).

Best of luck anyway!

PS look it's Nemesis aka ahamahgahddanrogers!

Level 36
Holy freaking god. This is a reunion of sorts by now is it not? Taxi!!! It's good to see you again, and you're awesome signature filled with the peons of magenta colour. So here's three major old schoolers back in a short amount of time: Nem, Malufa, and Taxi. Look at that eh :p

Level 7
I don't see how Malufa gets rep just for comnig back to the hive.He should have to earn it nomader how good he used to be earning it isn't that hard especially if your good at modding Warcraft.Just hope this won't happen again.

Level 12
As I said Wolv there was an error and if you do not know what I am talking about I would really be quiet if I were you. As for "The Great" you really have no idea of that which you talk about.

As for this russel person I need to have a few words with him as Jakob never put his email on any of the maps.

Glad to hear from you Taxi :)

Level 7
Your right i mgith not know you but i still think a person shouldn't get rep just from logging on after awhilee o_O.The Great under my name just refers to my name "Prince" but surley im not great at all im only useful for helping is all.

Sorry if i gave any feeling that i made you feel unwelcome because im glad your back just still don't think you should get rep from coming back on. :/

Level 36
I don't see how Malufa gets rep just for comnig back to the hive.He should have to earn it nomader how good he used to be earning it isn't that hard especially if your good at modding Warcraft.Just hope this won't happen again.

You do not know who Malufa is. He has done more for this community then 100 of you, so shut it.

PS Malufa:
Brad | pulled my quad says (9:39 PM):
you are indeed duke wintermaul, correct?
russel says (9:39 PM):
lol
Brad | pulled my quad says (9:39 PM):

russel says (9:39 PM):
that was a long time ago dude
Brad | pulled my quad says (9:40 PM):
perhaps, but there is much discussion about the origins of wintermaul on the Hive (the largest WC3 community on the net)
russel says (9:40 PM):
haha
Brad | pulled my quad says (9:40 PM):
some dude claims that his friend Jakob is Duke-Wintermaul... and I was like 'Dude, you're full of it'
lol
yeah tell them to look at one of the original maps
I'm still alive
Brad | pulled my quad says (9:41 PM):
I will let them know. The thing was, how could it not be you? You're email has been on there from the start, so by talking to you here and now I prove that you are the original creator xD

Russel being [email protected], the email that has been on the Wintermaul maps since the very first version!!! You're friend Jakob is perhaps telling lies? Don't mean to offend, but I have hard facts here that Russel created Wintermaul lol.

Level 12
Well it certainly is possible seeing how I only know Jakob from online, like many of you guys here.

Level 36
Well, i'm thinking that you've been lied to, because this guy certainly is Duke-Wintermaul, and he is not Jakob, and there are not two Duke-Wintermauls, so the only logical conclusion is that one is lying, which now seems more then plausable. Well, wonderful. Welcome aboard, again xD Perhaps in some other insane stroke of coinsidence, someone else from the olden days will show up in this thread :p

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Hi again and thank you ever so much for pointing this out to me. Apparently new people now have the ability to try to tell founding members what to do in regards to their forums. See I was one of the original members of this clan, long before we ever had this nice website...

...So Chris, sorry to sound like I am pulling rank on you here, seeing as I have never heard of you before, but I am. When Ralle himself gives me a phone call and tells me to not write in green then I will, but unless that moment occurs then buzz off.

Well I'm sorry that the "new person" on the site tried to enforce rules he is obliged to enforce. How am I supposed to know some old "super mod" is the person who came back after so long?

But seriously, what's with the 'tude? I wouldn't know any better if you were any of the other random newbies who show up every day, and I didn't know of you, most likely because I am such a "new guy."

Sorry, but if you want me to respect your authority as a founder of this site and once mod (or admin, hell if I know) then you should respect the new leadership we have around here, we're keeping your site going.

Level 18
Well, wonderful. Welcome aboard, again xD Perhaps in some other insane stroke of coinsidence, someone else from the olden days will show up in this thread :p

Ya and maybe the next guy will not think he is king of everything when he is a nobody and simply a cocky person who should follow the rules, and not disrespect everyone who tells him he is violating the rules.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Please folow the rules, clearly says NO POSTING IN COLOUR TAGS and you are failing to follow them. You may get -rep if you continue. Also according to join dates, your as old a member as I am, except I came from the sear group when the site collapsed.

Your friendly trigger moderator DSG.

Level 10
Ok people let's stop fighting, so much fighting on these forum's. And not friendly fighting like this:

"Hey man, f*ck you go to hell"
"Thank's man, you're dad's cheating on your mom, and i did your mom to make her feel better"
"Ahahahahaha, *Punch in the face*"
"AHahahahahaa...*bleed's*"

This is friendly pointless diss fighting among friend's...(Maybe without the punch) Pointless and for fun. This is abusing a thread in a different mannar then the topic is supposed to be related. If you think a person is breaking the rule's, do not post it on his thread unless he does not know he is breaking the rule's. Otherwise infrom an admin or higher authority, not the person who is supposedly breaking a rule if he know's he is.

Now..i dont know about the rest of you but i am going to go back to the topic of this forum.
----------------------------------
Hi, you probebly dont know me, because i dont know you.

I am a new user, but i've been playing warcraft for a bit, i've been on other website's and i am no dumbass, i am famaliar with forum's and the like. (Don worry)

I'm glad to see you and i hope we can get along and become friend's.

It's also nice to see someone who like's giant robot's......(Your avatar)...
Heh...Giant robot's....
----------------

Level 32
All right.

Ok people let's stop fighting, ... If you think a person is breaking the rule's, do not post it on his thread unless he does not know he is breaking the rule's. Otherwise infrom an admin or higher authority, not the person who is supposedly breaking a rule if he know's he is.

As to the issue if the "color tag rule", that was developed in response to some user complaints.

This rule has never been enforced and not only do I believe that it shouldn't be, it should be repealed: it limits the exercise of free speech by dictating how a user can and cannot express their point of view.

I never got a chance to post in the thread that developed that particular rule: it should be reopened for discussion.

I also encourage everyone to review the site rules

Level 21
Malufa... By how you act I can tell you're an annoying, ignorant person who thinks they dominate THW just because they're an old member.
You also have no right to tell a mod to "buzz off"
We do not care if you are a founding member at all, you have to obey the hive rules no matter what. You are a normal user now... and not many of us care how long you've been on this site and I certainly don't care how much you helped THW in the past, because that's the past. Do you expect us to bow down to you when very little of us know who you are?

Level 18
As to the issue if the "color tag rule", that was developed in response to some user complaints.

This rule has never been enforced and not only do I believe that it shouldn't be, it should be repealed: it limits the exercise of free speech by dictating how a user can and cannot express their point of view.

I never got a chance to post in the thread that developed that particular rule: it should be reopened for discussion.

I also encourage everyone to review the site rules

My thoughts on color tags are in the thread that discussed it, just so you all know I was completely against the rule. I have also been punished for using all color text.

Level 12
For all of you bitching about my green I highly recomend you talking to Ralle. As for the "tude" I am rather certain you would not like it very much if the first thing you see is someone attempting to tell you to change something you have been doing for a great many years and the added aggrivation of pleabs attempting to piggy-back on this idea with no meaningful input at all.

Level 18
You know I am tired of you already. You lie, and are very disrespectful.
If I were you, the first thing I would do is check what has changed and the rules.

And if someone kindly told me that there was new rules against what I was doing, I would adhere to those new rules instead of being stubborn.

Level 12
Really? I would like to see this disputed rule that Ralle has even told me is not an actual rule.

No, on with the real issue, just drop it. I have no problem with you, I do not seek to have a problem with you, nor do I think there really is one.

Hey Shados, been a long time my friend. I hope you are looking forward to many more philosophical threads with me and Dan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.