• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, my name is SC_Player I'm currently working on a defense type map that I hope to use as a prototype for a standalone eventually.

The map begins with each player getting a builder, who is their main character. If this builder dies, they lose. The player begins by building income buildings, which take up a rather large area, and do not give very much gold every 5 seconds. After 4 minutes the enemy horde begins spawning, and will wander the map until finding the players. The players will have many, many tiers of units to use; I'm just finishing the 4th tier but I have concept for 11 total. There is a boss at 10:00 and every 5 minutes afterwards. Eventually I want to add in an experience system and talent tree which will allow you to upgrade your builder. This experience will be saved using a save/load code so you can level over many games. I will also implement items dropping from the bosses once I implement experience. Eventually I will make multiple maps that you can load on, with different difficulties, designed for different leveled characters. When your builder reaches sufficient level, you will be able to choose between warrior, archer, or mage and support your units in battle when you are not building. When your builder is very high level he will be able to spawn with a personal guard of units as well. Anyways, the harder difficulty maps will require you to fight enemy units before you reach the area in which you can build, while the final maps will not allow building at all so you must rely on what you start with. Just wanted to outline my project for anyone who is interested, but wow that is a wall of text haha...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.