• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hey everyone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello I have just joined and i decided to introduce myself, i also wanted to take the time to ask something about my few maps. When i joined i instantly put out my 4 maps. 3 where made mainly by my friend Sedroes who doesn't play warcraft III or work in the world editor anymore but sometimes likes to give me an idea or two.

I noticed that no one has commented on my maps even though about 30 people have downloaded each one. Please give me some kind of feedback!!! Now my maps are Nations of War, War of the Lost Realm, and Kingdoms of Chaos. I put these maps out to see what type of maps i make that people like and what type i should work to make. I also put out a map called Labyrinth of the Damned which was made completely by Sedroes but said it was ok if i put it on here. All four of these maps have never left my computer and they haven't been on battle.net by me because i cannot host. So if you wish to see them on battle.net then you will have to host them.

Now enough about that, time for about me. I am a noob at map making so don't expect me to come put with any complicated or huge trigger maps. I am young and creative but not too savvy with computers, i normally prefer the pencil and paper over the keyboard. Though I love RTS games and RPGs on the computer. I like to draw, write, and roleplay, so you could call me a huge nerd. Also I write just about everything down about stats, maps, locations, names, strengths, and weaknesses about units, factions, buildings, and places of my maps. I don't know why I do this but it keeps my information and ideas organized.

The last thing I want to say is that I am in the process of making a game like my War of the Lost Realm game but with a total of 33 races/factions. This is gonna take me a long time to make and I haven't even gotten to the editor stage on it, right now I am just writing down stats and information about each race/faction. Well it was nice to finally post something so thanks and again, please give me feedback on my maps!!! I must know if anyone liked them or not.

Sincerely,
Kranaos

Level 3
I know this is double posting but will no one say hi or say "Screw you!" or something! Jeez for crying out loud! Tis been about a month now and now one has commented on my maps or even said anything to me in my introduction since i put it out last week! At least tell me you guys want to ignore me! Also i see those dls on my maps and the views on this intro but still no reply! I want some feedback or even a hello a simple welcome to the Hive Workshop. I feel so left out.....

Level 8
Welcome to the Hive, kranaos!

The Hive Workshop is a very friendly community of users that work together to ensure that other users have the proper modding material to create professional Warcraft III resources. If you come looking for tutorials, requests, and resources, you can be sure to find them in the The Hive Workshop – A Warcraft III Modding Site Forums If you find yourself needing help, don’t be afraid to ask experienced users. As previously stated, this is a friendly community that works together! Someone will be sure to aid you!

The staff here at the Hive promotes courteous, and kind behavior toward other users. They do their best to ensure that the Hive is clean of any filth, offensive, and illegal material. PLEASE ensure that you view the Overall Site Rules . Remember, the moderators were employed here at the Hive to help. If you experience any unfriendly behavior from other users, don’t be afraid to report them. If you wish to contact the admin for any reason you may have, you can do so in the Admin Contact section of the Hive Workshop forums.

I’m sure your eager to start posting and downloading. You can find maps submitted by other users within the Maps Section in the upper tool bar. If you are looking for Models, which are units, doodads ect. submitted by other users to be imported into the World Editor(WE), you can find them in the Models Section of the upper toolbar. You also have access to skins, user created textures for models, whether preexisting Blizzard models, or user created, in the Skins Section of the upper toolbar. You may choose to use custom icons, or in game unit interface pictures within your maps, and they can be found in the Icons Section of the upper toolbar. Along with downloading all this awesome material, you also have the option of uploading your own resources by selecting the
upload.gif
button!

Greeting business just started up, sorry we didn't get to you sooner. Any way Hello!! :]
Remember, respect the law, and the admin and you will have a hell of a time!

Sarge, of the First Division Greeters

Level 10
Hi Kranaos! I hope you have fun here.

Well guys, as if Wolverabid was here......

[Wolverabid]
Welcome Kranaos. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    [/Wolverabid]

Status
Not open for further replies.