• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero with default Morph Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I'm trying to create custom race(mainly Avian units). I have my four heroes but was thinking of giving these heroes a default morph ability so they can change into a land unit. Like what the Druid of the talon can do, but kinda in reverse, where you start as avian and transform into land unit. I need the land unit to upgrade as the hero levels up, so they keep the rough stats, i.e strength, agility and intelligence stats. I was just gonna create the units and try link them in some manner. Maybe have default ability level up automatically which will then in turn upgrade land unit. Will this way work or is there a simpler way to do this?
Open to any suggestions,
Thanks in advance :p

Level 8
You can use a custom Storm Crow Form ability (or any other morph really) to do this. Just make your normal form the flying unit and the alternate form the ground unit. That's really all there is to it.

The attributes will stay the same as per the normal unit but most other stats will change if the other unit has a different value (Eg: attack type, attack damage, armour type, base armour value, base HP, etc). Things start to get a bit more complex if the two forms are meant to have different abilities; otherwise it's straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.