• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hero System Troubles:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Before I begin:

DEPENDENCY EQUIVALENTS - HERO, has a limit of like 50 heroes. My map has over 100.

The Problem: I have a hero system where each color is limited in the # of heroes they can build, for most colors its 3, all colors already start with at least 1. Blue is 3, yet blue can build all 13+ of his heroes anyway.

How do I make it so he can only have 3 heroes at a time if I can't fit all my heroes in Dependency Equivalents?

I set the limit already in the trigger bellow. Yet, because I cant fit all my heroes in the dependency, its moot. How do I get around this?

• Hero Limits
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player1HeroLimit for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player2HeroLimit for Player 2 (Blue)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player3HeroLimit for Player 3 (Teal)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player4HeroLimit for Player 4 (Purple)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player5HeroLimit for Player 5 (Yellow)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player6HeroLimit for Player 6 (Orange)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player7HeroLimit for Player 7 (Green)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player8HeroLimit for Player 8 (Pink)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player9HeroLimit for Player 9 (Gray)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player10HeroLimit for Player 10 (Light Blue)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to Player11HeroLimit for Player 11 (Dark Green)
      • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 4 for Player 12 (Brown)
I have triggers limiting the # of each hero to 1. Each variable also has a base value of 3. Except for pink who is 5. Brown can only ever have 4, so I just left it like that anyway, probably doesn't even need to be there.

Level 6
thats the problem of warcraft..

well you can check the number of heroes manually then remove the hero that exceeds the count then show a warning message..

If you got a problem with the train count, gold and lumber refund you can store it in variables like..

set Hero 1 = Paladin
set Hero 1 gold refund = 1000
set Hero 1 lumber refund = 1000

Level 4
Alright so I imported a text file, war3mapMisc.txt and manually entered all the heroes with their IDs, but it STILL doesn't work. I'm lost on what to do.

Edit: NVM, re-uploaded the file and it works now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.