• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Idears for Dwarf Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay, i'm making a map called Dwarf Brothers, where you have to survive by gathering resurces to build structures and kill all dwarfs from the enemy clan. There is 2 teams each with 6 players each picking a dwarf hero at the start, my problem is that i did run out of ideas about heroes and hero abillities, here is a list of heroes. If you have a good idea plz post, i'll give credits in my map, and would give rep, but it don't count as much because my own rep not 10 yet, if you ask i'll do anyway.

Babarian [Finished]
Melee hero, adept at basically survive the the wildness.
Inventory Slots: 2
Meat Slots: 2
Damage: 15 - 25
Base Health: 300
Abillities:
- Rip and Eat, gives the abillity to eat meat directly from corpses
- Ensnare, like ensnare
- Frost Hardiness, increase life regeneration

Brawler [Unfinished]
Melee hero, adept at strong drinks.
Inventory Slots: 4
Damage: 4 - 40
Abillities:
- none [Need idea]
- Trip; gives 10% chance to advoid attacks and 10% chance to deal 50% extra damage.
- none [Need idea]

Gatherer [Finished]
Ranged hero, adept at finding resurces and materials.
Inventory Slots: 5
Damage: 5 - 7
Base Health: 350
Abillities:
- Sprint, makes the hero move faster
- Extract Resurce, extract 1 resurce from a rock, tree or ice chunk without destroying it,
- Search, ping all resurce within 5000 AOE of the Hero

Hunter [Finished]
Ranged hero, adept in hunting critter and creeps.
Inventory Slots: 2
Meat Slots: 5
Damage: 10 - 20
Abillities:
- Sneak, like wind walk, but make you move slower
- Ensnare, like ensnare
- Track, like search but with critters and creeps

Miner [Unfinished]
Melee hero, adept at mining stone and ore.
Damage: 12 - 22
Abillities:
- none [Need idea]
- none [Need idea]
- none [Need idea]

Warrior [Finished]
Melee hero, adept at killing enemy dwarfs and creeps.
Inventory Slots: 3
Meat Slots: 3
Damage: 20 - 25
Base Health: 400
Abillities:
- Defend, as defend
- Trip, as brawlers trip
- Sprint, as gatherers sprint

So plz if you have some hero idead [Have to be dwarfs], or ideas to abillities plz post them.

Last edited:
Level 7
I'll give you some rep just because this thread has a lot more time put into it than most others, which is good (of course, mine is less than ten too so its sort of pointless).

Could you say what meat slots are?

Brawler Ideas -
Play Dirty - Smashes one item on the target's head, destroying the item in his fourth slot, while stunning and doing a lot of damage. Think of smashing a beer bottle. This will play into his 4 slots of inventory.
Drink Away the Pain - Slows or stuns the brawler down, while restoring life like in Rejuvenation.

Why does the gatherer deserve extra health?

Miner Ideas -
Dynamite - Goblin Land Mine, just because it works with his character.
Lust for Ore - Temporarily makes his mining much more efficient, while lowering his life or some other stat.
Rock Seed - Creates a seed, that given time, will turn into a new area for ore.
Bombard - (not sure if this is easily doable) Throws his current ore at the enemy, stunning and doing damage proportional to how much he has in his hands. (This is only works if getting ore is like getting lumber.)

Hero Idea - Barterer

6 Inventory Slots
? Meat Slots
Damage: 10-15
Abilities:
Restock - Sets the number of charged items in his inventory higher, must have long cooldown.
Send Off For - Creates a random (low-level probably) item that was sent from far away lands.
Pillage - Gets gold for killing enemy units and buildings.

Hero Idea - Priest
3 Inventory Slots
? Meat Slots
Damage: 13-18
Base Health: 250
Abilities:
Heal - Simply, Heal
Mark of the (DWARF RELIGION HERE) - Increases the armor of an ally temporarily with a divine wall of light.
Idol of the (DWARF RELIGION HERE) - Creates a ward that bestows auras to nearby friendly units.

Hero Idea - Warden
3 Inventory Slots
?(Many) Meat Slots
Damage: 15-19
Base Health: 450
Abilities:
Sweep - Sweeps with a large (HIS WEAPON HERE), causing damage to multiple units.
Rage - Increases attack speed at the expense of armor.
Taunt - Forces nearby units to attack him

Hero Idea - Rider
2 Inventory Slots
? Meat Slots
Damage: 20-23
Base Health: 350
Abilities:
Sweep - Sweeps with a large (HIS WEAPON HERE), causing damage to multiple units.
Sprint - Said Before...
Ensnare - Said Before...

Hero Idea - Alchemist
5 Inventory Slots
? Meat Slots
Damage: 9-20
Base Health: 275
Abilities:
Acid Flask - Same as Acid Bomb (One unit maybe)
Potion of Fear - Haunts stricken units (AOE spell), reducing their damage or slowing them.
Potion of Fire - Some sort of AOE Flame strike type spell

And.. I'm done... I may post ideas for a thief later.

I finished the brawler:

Brawler [Unfinished]
Melee hero, adept at strong drinks.
Damage: 4 - 40
Abillities:
- Get Drunk;
- Trip; gives 10% chance to advoid attacks and 10% chance to deal 50% extra damage.
- Dirty Strike

Get Drunk
Base on your idea about Drink away the Pain, but altered, this version gives 50% miss chance, but gives +30% movement speed and +20% attack rate in level 1.

Dirty Strike
Exactly like the Play Dirty abillity you suggested, but other name and auto-cast.

You will get credits for you help, i'll continue look you idead throw, this is just the finished brawler.

Level 7
I just played it only with myself, and I got a couple of comments.

-This game is awesome
-There are many spelling mistakes
-I couldn't figure out how to make my hunger go up (but maybe that's my fault.)
-The noise item is makes hunting INCREDIBLY hard. Make either animals move slower, or dwarves move faster.
-I only played as the barbarian, and his ensnare costs mana (hunger), which doesn't make much sense.
-The Rip N Eat spell didn't work for me, but I don't know if i just screwed it up somehow.
-There should be more animals, in my opinion. Does not look like enough to support a twelve person game.
-You need defeat conditions.
-I attacked a penguin with the brawler, and it caused a Fatal Error.
-Play Dirty has no tooltip for learning.
-Play Dirty is randomly already upgraded one level to start, while no other abilities are. You should probably do that for all abilities.
-There should be something that explains what all the buildings are.
-Bears/Wolves should have very low acquisition range.
-Builder tooltip is wrong, he doesn't have search.
-You spelled Barbarian wrong.
-The words "Increasement/Decreasement" do not exist.
-Make noise effective in an area smaller than your line of sight, so that you at least see animals before they run.
-You should be able to consume recently dead corpses for at least some mana, and if not, make hunger go down much slower than it does.
-Do animals respawn? Because you've got a big problem in they don't.

Suggestions:
-You should give sort of an observer mode for those who die, and make their corpse never dissapear. Then there could be a building that requires a lot of materials called "Revival Fires" or something, and it would allow living allies to restore a dead ally by putting their corpse in the building.
-Make an building called "Farm," that creates cages that you can capture animals in, after you deposit a captured animal (which will be in the form of an item), it will spawn more of that animal from the farm every once in a while.

Last edited:
1:This game is awesome
2:There are many spelling mistakes
3:I couldn't figure out how to make my hunger go up (but maybe that's my fault.)
4:The noise item is makes hunting INCREDIBLY hard. Make either animals move slower, or dwarves move faster.
5:I only played as the barbarian, and his ensnare costs mana (hunger), which doesn't make much sense.
6:The Rip N Eat spell didn't work for me, but I don't know if i just screwed it up somehow.
7:There should be more animals, in my opinion. Does not look like enough to support a twelve person game.

Answers:
1: Thanks!
2: That will take some time to fix, cause i'm not english or american, so no BIG speller, bu i'll try.
3: You get hunger by sleeping, Eating roasted meat wich is created by fire pits and pits, or use the Barbarians Rip and Eat abillity.
4: You supposed to lure animals into corners wich they can't escape, or use the hunter hero wich is made for hunting animals. I'll make it easier thou.
5: Many abillities cost hunger, because it requires a amount of energy to use.
6: It has 10 seconds casting time, and youu need to stand very close. I'll see if i can fix if theres a bug there.
7: I'll add more animals then.

I'll fix the rest, and answer the last later, when i've fixed it.

Level 7
I tested it quickly. Anyway, there are still far too few animals, in my opinion. Also, IMPORTANT, the roasted meat that it said would give me 60 hunger points DIDN'T. You need to fix that to make the game playable.

I tested it quickly. Anyway, there are still far too few animals, in my opinion. Also, IMPORTANT, the roasted meat that it said would give me 60 hunger points DIDN'T. You need to fix that to make the game playable.

I'll create more animals and i found that the roasted meat only gave 40 hunger, its fixed to, now.
I don't know if that was the bug, but thats fixed now, i'll add you suggestions to now.

Level 7
The meat still doesn't give mana in the latest version you posted.
The Warrior's Defend requires the upgrade Defend.
Igloo doesn't lose life over time.

Probably some more stuff that I don't have time to test right now, I'll update this post later.

1: The meat still doesn't give mana in the latest version you posted.
2: The Warrior's Defend requires the upgrade Defend.
3: Igloo doesn't lose life over time.

1: It give me mana and life when i used, have no idea why it don't gives mana when you try.
2: Defend Fixed
3: The igloo isen't supposed to lose life automatically, i just thought that its not that hard to repair a igloo builded of snow and ice, when you surronded by ice and snow and its 14 fahrenheit/ -10 celsius outside.

I'll try testing every aspect of the map, this is probaly gonna take some time...

Status
Not open for further replies.