• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Fly

Another model based on Bllizzard's locust.

UPDATE
Black articles removed.
Reduced hero glow plane count.

Keywords:
Hero, Fly, Locust, Insect,
Contents

Hero Fly (Model)

Reviews
18:43, 17th Oct 2008 Pyritie: Please remove all the black particles that appear during the stand and attack anims. 23rd Oct 2008 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

M

18:43, 17th Oct 2008
Pyritie: Please remove all the black particles that appear during the stand and attack anims.

23rd Oct 2008
Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

Level 6
Awesome...just awesome...5/5...and let me cut down on the bad comments for you a bit:
To all those people who are going to reply only about the "model being too small" which it isnt...it's a fly:
TRY THIS: Sizing up the model in-game if you don't like it's current size! End of discussion...

Level 7
Awesome...just awesome...5/5...and let me cut down on the bad comments for you a bit:
To all those people who are going to reply only about the "model being too small" which it isnt...it's a fly:
TRY THIS: Sizing up the model in-game if you don't like it's current size! End of discussion...

But, this is the hive isn't it? People aren't stupid here - unofortunately no. Haha, the hive has a large amount of dumbasses.

Level 22
Hmm.. I avoided this model for a while.. but It's really not bad.

I have a few problems though.
1.THE PARTICLES!
Those things annoy the living daylights out of me... size down the width and length, they're all over the place for such a small model.
2. Too Much Planes for a simple hero glow... You could just billboard 1 plane and it'd make the world go away.
1) Create Bone at 0,0,0
2) Import a single hero glow plane.
3) Assign glow to your bone.
4) Right click the bone, Hit edit node. Check the "Billboarded" Tag.
Boom! Your glow always faces the camera now.

Level 9
I think it looks very detailed for being such a small thing, so it will probably looks good if gets bigger to.

Level 2
Sweet. I can see it used in a couple of insect survival games, like avoiding spiders and what not. Or hell, even re-creating that one mosquito game that was imported from japan.