• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Experience Gained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
An easy question.
I thought this would be the simplest thing to change.
How do you change the amount of EXP you get from a unit?.. if you can...

~Thanks

Level 3
donut3.5 said:
It's in the object editor...
Stats I believe - Experience given base, then dice... and whatnot. Look for it.
--donut3.5--

Sorry man, Not there (or couldnt find it anyway)

Level 3
far too much triggering for my liking, i want to only use triggers when necessary. Besides, im sure it can be done.

Level 7
Its there

I almost finished an RPG map awhile back and found that the exp is the Point Value on the unit in objects. Change that and it should change how much exp you get from it. Also you can change the % of exp you get from certain level monsters by clicking advanced tab on main program and going to gameplay constants.

Level 3
Re: Its there

sk8er754 said:
I almost finished an RPG map awhile back and found that the exp is the Point Value on the unit in objects. Change that and it should change how much exp you get from it. Also you can change the % of exp you get from certain level monsters by clicking advanced tab on main program and going to gameplay constants.

Didnt work:
as a test, i change the point value of a rifleman to... 4 million or so. and had a hero fight it.

I killed it but still got the same exp from it.

Level 7
dang

Hey sorry it didnt work for you, I Did make that map about a year ago lol hmmm, I guess would go into gameplay constants and change that. I know you can change that around to fix the % of exp you get depending on hero's level and monsters level or something pretty close like that.

Level 2
Its in the Gameplay Constants. There is a mob exp table and it multiplied by the lvl of the mob. I honestly dont fully understand how it works but I was able to change the exp given for killing a mob. Killing a lvl 1 mob gave me 2 exp, lvl 2 gave 4, lvl 3 gave 6... and so on. There should be a way to set a specific mob to give a desired amount of exp but unfortunately I dont know how to do that and if anyone finds out... please let me know too. I wish there was a detailed faq on the Editor and Gameplay Constants so I knew what everything did. Good luck and let me know if you need further information.

Dethlor

Level 4
pick every player in (all players) and do:
make (picked player) heroes gain (100%) experience from future skills

as said only for kills

if u want to set how much u get, then do the following:

1.) set point value of units to number of experience
2.) take the trigger from top but change 100% to 0%
3.) a new trigger
a unit dies
condition:
owner of dying unit is an enemy of owner of killing unit equal to true