• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Exp Gain Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I'm leaving for a while and didn't find it in my short searching.

How do I make the creeps in my map give exp yet still be owned by a computer player (player 11/12). I'd like it to be how neutral hostile works, where you kill a creep and the yellow +gold appears. My map can range from having 40-200 units being controlled by the computer so I don't think having them all Neutral Hostile would be the most lag free way. How can I go about doing this or would it work making them all Neutral Hostile and not lag up around 200? If I remember right, it lags around 120 per computer would having the computer slots allow for extra Neutral Hostile?

Thank you for your help.
YO_MA_MA

Still need the EXP part, gold has been answered.

Last edited:
Level 5
Damn.. that is way to simple. Thanks

+rep (I don't know if mine counts but the thought is there)

EDIT: This is the one I found, correct?
  • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 12 (Brown)

Level 3
Those are two different things. Bounty is the money you get when the unit dies, not experience, but judging by your initial post, it sounds like you'd also want that on if you want the player-owned units to be the same as creeps.

Level 5
I actually want both, the EXP seems to be working, but how do I change it easily? Would you mind giving me the 2 sentence how-to?

Thanks for reminding me.
YO_MA_MA

Level 12
If you want players to get more exp use this trigger:

• Player - Make all heroes owned by (Player 1 (red)) gain (200)% EXP from future kills
:D another simple trigger ;) (it might be called something other in WE)

This is very helpful.

• Hero - Set Experience Rate

Level 5
Yes, the creeps I have (players 11/12) give exp already, I was just looking for a way to change the amount of EXP for each mob, much like the bounty system but distributed to all playing on that team.
EDIT: The distribute to the team works, it was a EXP range.

My goal is to have it so if the creep is a higher level then you, you get slightly more exp, and if it's a lower level, you get slightly less but capped at +/- 3 level diffence. I believe that is already built into War3 I just forgot where thats at. Game play constants? If so which entry do I edit for this effect?

Example:
Hero is level 5
-Creep level 3 gives 75 exp
-Creep level 4 gives 90 exp
-Creep level 5 gives 100 exp
-Creep level 6 gives 110 exp
-Creep level 7 gives 125 exp
Something to that effect.

Level 4
Ok. This is totally whacky and i don't know a second thing about triggering. But this trigger is something like what you'll want in the end. I can't figure out how to generalize this for any hero- and there's lots of conditions attatched, but from the look of your first few posts i think it might fit for you (i hope:thumbs_up:) These are the requirements for this to work for you:

1. Only one hero of ANY type is ever in play at a time
2. No matter where they are on the map a hero ALWAYS gets experience for every kill (this is the biggest one i think will be a problem)

I think a trigger-wizard could easily take what i've done and make it work so it's more versatile, but i wanted to help as much as i could so here's what i've got (it's attatched)

because of how the loops work you end up setting the bonus and penalty as separate values, and the loop activate TWICE for a unit 1 level above or below, and THRICE for a unit 2 above or 2 below etc... I think that's not too hard to fix, but i don't have the time or skills to spend figuring it out :p

I'm giving you an image of the two loops and the map. The map has groups of 7 different levels of the same unit so you can test it out for yourself. I set xp per unit to 100 and the penalty to +/- 25xp per level (which as i explained before is +/-50 for one level, +/-75 for two levels etc.) so heroes will (right now) actually LOSE xp if they kill something 4 levels below them (whoops!) but you can play around with all the number values to make it work for you.

I hope this helps! (i tried!):infl_thumbs_up:

EDIT: I used If/Then/Else Do Multiple Actions statements 'cause i wasn't sure if i'd need them or not, you can just use If/Then/Else Single action statement since i only used one action for each loop. But really, just show this to a trigger wizard and give them your specs and they could bam-BAM! have it perfect for you (I don't know what memory leaking is... i hope this isn't full of it =/)

EDIT: And i didn't take into account different teams =/ it's super-basic really (that's the only reason i could do it) i hope this fits your needs! :)

Attachments

• XP based on Hero Level.w3x
    20 KB · Views: 45
  • XPbasedonherolevel.JPG
    XPbasedonherolevel.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Level 5
First thought that got put in my mind on how to limit the minus exp is add a "tempint" variable and set it equal to 0 at the beginning of the trigger and when you execute the then portion, do "set tempint = tempint + 1" and add a condition of if "tempint <(lessthan) 3" then it will just end the trigger if it's more then 3 levels or however many someone would need.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll probably use a mixture of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.