• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #1 Voting

Which Hero is the best?

• Volvox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • redscores (Shadow Dancer)

• NoNZealot (Maledictus the Thunder Wizard)

• HyperActive

• †-Revellion-†

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Wow pyritie you rate my spell same as cool_is_j. Amazing what a twat you really are. If i do untriggered spells add few baracs and units + set simple trigger that can change heroes level would I win this competition?

Just wanted to tell what a joke this competition is again. 90% of posts to this thread are contestans and voters dont write why did they vote as they did.
70wievs vs 20wievs. Im kinda dissapointed that I havent got even one vote.

GG again. Feeling better after releasing my anger.

Anyway does your polarize spell even work?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
burnedevil, calling people names will lead no where.

The fact is that this has turned into a large popularity poll. A large number of people who voted for Pyritie are "fellow furries" who share simlar interests as him and who can be classed as good friends. Thus they would vote for him no matter what and I do agree strongly that their votes should be removed to make the contest more fair.

Currently, Pyritie was the only JASS entry that I checked, thus he obviously has a large advantage over everyone as far as epll quality goes. His spells also work and seem bugless. However I remember him wanting polarise ages ago and thus I am not certian weather it was all his own work but that is not up to me to decide. His code is rather sloppy and thus a member like HINDYhat or PurplePoot could have easilly made superior work to him. This does not mean that all his votes are fairly gained thou and thus I recomend you take that factor to the person encharge of the contest who ultimatly has the last discission on weather all the votes should be counted or no.

NearbyHermat I think has a simlar card up his sleave by the way most of the people who voted for him are not well known at all. His spells are certianly not as well made as Pyirites and leak awfully. Thus again the contest manager should review the votes that were given to him as I think it might have been something to do with his demands in the request forum.

burnedevil, your spells actually suprised me by how well made they were compared to NearbyHermat's. You leak very few groups and locations and the spells seem to work well enough. The lack of MUI is another problem but still I think you definatly deserverd atleast a few votes. However your code is no where near as efficent as Pyritie's as it uses GUI and thus has a lot of un needed function calls and functions to slow it down. So far I see no reason why Pyritie should not be winning this contest from a skilled triggerer's point of view.

However, encouraging hatred will lead nowhere. Please refrain from doing so in the future and bring up all your worries to the contest manager who will decide on actions if any are needed.

Last edited:
The fact is that this has turned into a large popularity poll. A large number of people who voted for Pyritie are "fellow furries" who share simlar interests as him and who can be classed as good friends. Thus they would vote for him no matter what and I do agree strongly that their votes should be removed to make the contest more fair.

The problem is that's what polls are. Pretty much every poll for a contest has had some influence by that person's popularity.

Level 24
NearbyHermat I think has a simlar card up his sleave by the way most of the people who voted for him are not well known at all. His spells are certianly not as well made as Pyirites and leak awfully. Thus again the contest manager should review the votes that were given to him as I think it might have been something to do with his demands in the request forum.

burnedevil, your spells actually suprised me by how well made they were compared to NearbyHermat's. You leak very few groups and locations and the spells seem to work well enough. The lack of MUI is another problem but still I think you definatly deserverd atleast a few votes. However your code is no where near as efficent as Pyritie's as it uses GUI and thus has a lot of un needed function calls and functions to slow it down. So far I see no reason why Pyritie should not be winning this contest from a skilled triggerer's point of view.

Well,I can say that I influenced one voter,who is Cherol,but I made in on Yahoo! and the guy didnt knew my Hive account and voted for Pyritie.

If would ever cheated , I would of made several accounts on different routers and voted for myself.

Well,this contest is far from finish,lets see how it evolves.

And what's with the Hermat

Level 4
burnedevil, calling people names will lead no where.

Currently, Pyritie was the only JASS entry that I checked, thus he obviously has a large advantage over everyone as far as epll quality goes. His spells also work and seem bugless. However I remember him wanting polarise ages ago and thus I am not certian weather it was all his own work but that is not up to me to decide. His code is rather sloppy and thus a member like HINDYhat or PurplePoot could have easilly made superior work to him. This does not mean that all his votes are fairly gained thou and thus I recomend you take that factor to the person encharge of the contest who ultimatly has the last discission on weather all the votes should be counted or no.

However, encouraging hatred will lead nowhere. Please refrain from doing so in the future and bring up all your worries to the contest manager who will decide on actions if any are needed.

Finally someone with some brains. I know my triggers are far away from being perfect, but its mpi (multi players usable). And i couldnt make them better because lack of time :<

Level 24
Finally someone with some brains. I know my triggers are far away from being perfect, but its mpi (multi players usable). And i couldnt make them better because lack of time :<

Were we all brain dead compared to you?
Hive is running trough difficult times,members arent so scattered as they used to be.So we are dealing with few voters,it would of been better to delay the contest until Wolve's return.

Level 4
Were we all brain dead compared to you?
Hive is running trough difficult times,members arent so scattered as they used to be.So we are dealing with few voters,it would of been better to delay the contest until Wolve's return.

I dont see how wolves return would affect anything, but the cold truth seems to be that hiveworkshop lacks active members that know something about triggering (as from my point of view the quality of this competition is terrible for what contests i have seen before.) I quess it just shows this game is geting old.

Level 24
I dont see how wolves return would affect anything, but the cold truth seems to be that hiveworkshop lacks active members that know something about triggering (as from my point of view the quality of this competition is terrible for what contests i have seen before.) I quess it just shows this game is geting old.

Burndevil,come on,we understood,you have good made GUI spells,but thats about all at your hero,it isnt fun,it isnt synergic.Please dont invoke your triggering skill when a hero is composed of more than just it.

Level 4
Burndevil,come on,we understood,you have good made GUI spells,but thats about all at your hero,it isnt fun,it isnt synergic.Please dont invoke your triggering skill when a hero is composed of more than just it.

Oh? every spell of mine is somewhat synergied. If you dont find my hero fun, thats just your oppinion.

I cannot say anything about your hero since i havent tested it, but Im expecting your hero to be synergised and well made when ill test it later. (got new comp, need to instal tft at some point).

And acording to original rules, synergy doesnt matter (which is just bullshit). The things to evaluate should be: Eye candy, code, synergy, originality and maybe how fun/usable the hero is. But maybe the rulers of this site will think of those things when they check the contestans.

Oh? every spell of mine is somewhat synergied.

And acording to original rules, synergy doesnt matter (which is just bullshit). The things to evaluate should be: Eye candy, code, synergy, originality and maybe how fun/usable the hero is. But maybe the rulers of this site will think of those things when they check the contestans.

Sure, your spells have the same theme, but their theme is a little too similar. There's no variety of theme. Lightning this, electricity that.

Level 24
Ok,why dont we just accept how the contest goes?

Pyritie has some popularity,a good hero and good spells.Thats what makes him the game winner,now I would love to be on the first place,but I have something that isnt as great as his.

Now,for all of you guys,stick to Hive,there will be more contests in the future,you should just try to learn from this situation,because on the future contest,you may defeat Py!But dont think that Py is your only enemy around here,the contest isnt called ''Pyritie Contest''

Status
Not open for further replies.