• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Abilities Spells and stuff - Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm certain that there is a tutorial for what I need - however I do not know the name(s) of what I want to search for it.

My Hero will have normal abilities of:

1. System: (Spell book that explains the system of the game and allows certain game related changes to be made)

2. Build and repair (he builds his house, a tent fire, etc)

3. Hero Pack/item inventory

Spells/Abilities:

1. Create Tree Ent (a larger more permanent form of Force of Nature which has a very, very long cool down.)

2. Force Of nature (more levels)

3. Holy Light (more levels higher levels does more)

4. Attribute Bonus (Need to do something for 50 levels of experience)

5. Critical Strike (More levels)

Needless to say I have more spells and stuff than the interface allows. I have three empty spots left and 5 abilities/spells.

Now I know that the interface can not be changed. I do know that for my system stuff I created a Spell Book that has several additional "spells" in it. And I know that build opens up another interface that shows buildings.

I tried a second Spell book for the hero however none of my customized hero spells showed up on the list of Custom Skills/spells/abilities.

I'm certain there is a name for all of this and perhaps a tutorial that will explain how to give a hero more slots for stuff like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 8
For an additional spell book, you need to change its Orderstring and Base Order Id. (From what I understood you're saying you couldn't get a second spellbook to work)

Also, you can remove the Attack button under Combat - Show UI (set it to false)

Hm. I'll give the changes a try. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.