• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
opened my map this morning to find this certain doodads are now glitched tf out causing them to make huge sections of unbuildable.. tried reseting stats no fix

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 6
well, that's scary. at least it sounds pretty clearly like a bug though, so, if no one has any savior suggestions, i'd gamble on regression issues getting patched soon. i'd suggest making an extra copy of your last stable backup and then try opening the map for the next patch or two to see if its spontaneously better, as Blz fixes things on their end. You can double check that a backup is working as expected by playing it without opening/saving it in the editor first. If you can open the map without the glitchiness you're seeing, then you're good to go

my only other suggestion is a headache. you could also try using an mpq editor to open your map's doodad file and then iterate removing half the doodads -> check if glitched until you find the doodad(s) that are problematic. you probably don't want to use the world editor to remove doodads in this case, since the editor might be contributing to the issue, and saving the glitched state in the editor might not be recoverable by deleting doodads. also, if you do this, you should start by just removing all doodads and seeing if that fixes it, maybe the doodads are just casualties of war

Level 6
so i found which doodads were causing the problems after redo all the progress just for it to randomly happen again.... lol not really aware of the the real issue is besides a bug on blizzards end maybe

ooph. my heart goes out to you. could you please elaborate more on the issue (in a few specific ways)?

1. please describe the steps leading up to the problem, what you expected to happen and what actually happened instead. please clearly label the steps and which expectation is which. if you can provide screen captures showing the issue (i use imgur to upload) that will increase the likeliness that you can get appropriate replies
  2. please describe the doodads that you placed in more detail, and the amount of doodads in your map. consider that the issue probably isn't really random, just due to factors we don't know about or aren't considering. the more info you can provide the more likely we are to be able to identify one of these factors
  3. would you be willing to submit your map as a demo to be reviewed?
it also sounds like you're also not backing up your work frequently enough to deal with the risks your map is currently exposed to. i make backups of WE edits probably every 30min, an hour tops. just save as -> new version #

Status
Not open for further replies.