• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok of all the years Warcraft3 editor has existed. I still can't get the importing and modeling RIGHT! ... ... ... ye don't give me the "check internet" and google stuff, i know how to import models but MANY doesn't even work.*

Now tell me, how do YOU guys get your models inside YOUR maps? I haven't made any big maps, for the sheer reason that i've been trying to learn how to get downloaded models to work, yet all the easy and not-so cool looking ones works while many and i say MANY cool ones doesn't work.

I know how to add the correct path to a freaking unit so don't give me the crap of something that doesn't make any sense.

I've checked the damned internet for how-long i can remember just to find some stupid answer on how to get something so simple as adding a model to WORK and yes, most are all the basic "blabla/blabla/blabla.mdx" thing ect but here's the thing, why doesn't the other models work?

so right, i got one model to work and that was some sort of "ChaosRazormane", not cool and not good looking or unique in a way, the model works but the weapon doesn't apear on the unit, so careface on that since it's not cool

HighElven_Unbroken is a model that i think everyone here knows about, this unit, in everyway, doesn't work for me! :>

i know how to add the correct path since i got the chaosrazormane thing to work but yeah, i'm just whining here since i finally snapped since this stupid editor doesn't help and so doesn't the internet!

and now in a last ditch effort i'm trying to ask some questions since i thought ofc that people knows how to correctly add these models to your maps, and due to editor not working as i thought it would and everyone on this forum/visitor knows how to add a model to your maps.

this is the path (model) of the chaosrazormane WAR3\ChaosRazorMane\ChaosRazorMane.mdl

this is the path of the highelven that i added WAR3\HighElven_Unbroken\Unbroken.mdl

yet all i've noticed is that all the crappy models works while the cool ones doesn't and due to this i've never made a map on editor because it's such a pain in the ass to not get something to WORK

Level 1
If you have a truely good idea then you shouldnt need to have models imported, unless its part of the map idea.

Any ways have you tried closing world editor after you have downloaded it then opening it again, sometimes that works.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Do not edit the model paths, I doubt they need to be changed. Only the textures need a new path. After you have downloaded the resource, the paths should display there. There is a way to figure out the texture's path without having to go look for the path in the download page, but I don't know it, so stick to the hard work.

And don't forget to re-start the editor, since it won't recognize the resource at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.