• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with team color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can somebody just tell me how to add and remove team colors (while using GIMP 2).

plz I need it for my skin :)

Level 9
Hmmm, thanks. To bad eraser wont work :(, it can erase everything else but the team colour stays.

Its like its floating in air.

Level 10
Just spectating what about the models that dont let you alpha stuff out? Like on the green crab (its called lobstrukor or something in the viewer) when you try and alpha out the main claw, it just stays there. But you can reskin it (you can replace but not remove basicaly =/). Whatsup with that?

Level 9
Thanks just_spectating + rep :)

But I wanted to remove the place where the teamcolour is so like...the shoulders (with team color) dissapear.

Level 38
Ok, team color and making a section invisible are both accomplished by modifying alpha channels in a skin. In photoshop you do this by loading the selection named Alpha 1 and modifying it to fit your needs. If you un-select an area it will either turn invisible, show team color, or in the case of some models do nothing at all. (In the third case you can still make these areas become invisible through triggers ;). So removing a team-colored piece of the skin cannot be accomplished by modifying a skin through GIMP or Photoshop, because alphing-out that section just causes team-color to show through. If you want to remove team-colored areas you will have to edit the actual model to fit your needs :/

Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.