• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Sound/Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I need help with implenting music:

I'm playing cutom music in my map, but it's just to quiet! I set Music and music volume to 100%, clear the music list, stop music playing and set all other sound channels to 0%, but it's still too quite, and I can still hear environment!
I want there to be COMPLETELY, ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND except the music I play.
It seems easy but NEVER WORKS FOR ME, I don't understand that!

I've looked up in other maps, how they'd do it, but they didn't do much else than playing their music and it works for them!

Level 5
Hokage said:
I need help with implenting music:

I'm playing cutom music in my map, but it's just to quiet! I set Music and music volume to 100%, clear the music list, stop music playing and set all other sound channels to 0%, but it's still too quite, and I can still hear environment!
I want there to be COMPLETELY, ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND except the music I play.
It seems easy but NEVER WORKS FOR ME, I don't understand that!

I've looked up in other maps, how they'd do it, but they didn't do much else than playing their music and it works for them!

Go to music editor options,,when you choose a music on left click you'll see there are 2 options 1 is Use it as sound and the other one is Use it as music,, if you wanna play that file as music then choose Use it as music,,,,when you added file to music variable lists,,then left click again,, see on the bottom there a list ,,put them in General ,,then its done,, and 1 more thing,,,PLAY MUSIC CAN NOT USE AS MAP INITIALIZATION ACTION,,,,must be real reaction like enter a region or etc...except for the initialations,,if it still not workin then you need to check your triggers again !

Level 4
No, the problem is that, even if I set ALL other channels (ambient sound, unit movement sound and so on) to 0% and Music to 100%, it doesn't seem to change a thing, I can still here a worker cutting a tree in the distance, and there's still the night ambient sound.
Why is that so??
I mean, I can turn off the music list playing, but that's about all I can change!
I tried it with a timer expiring condition instead of map initialisation, won't work!
And my triggers are all okay, I'm still at the beginning of the map, so it's easy to overview them.

Level 4
When I set it as sound it works for a time, but after restarting the WE, it doesn't play the track anymore, it says something like 'This is no valid sound file'.
Creepy WE....

Level 5
Hokage said:
When I set it as sound it works for a time, but after restarting the WE, it doesn't play the track anymore, it says something like 'This is no valid sound file'.
Creepy WE....

dont use WE its screwed up your map sometimes,,use the original world edit (blizzard),,all triggers are the same as WE if you know how to sets/create.

Level 13
randym4a1 said:
Hokage said:
Creepy WE....

dont use WE its screwed up your map sometimes,,use the original world edit (blizzard),,all triggers are the same as WE if you know how to sets/create.

Öhm, randy: WE = World Edit (yes, the original by blizzard)

Status
Not open for further replies.