• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with models and icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello my 2 problems are the following.

1) I went crazy trying to find a solution to the icons that are imported and not turn green in this picture

Blp1.png
Blp3 (2).jpg
Blp3 (1).jpg

2) I wonder why some imported models do not appear to me, I did not create them as in this image (models are not made by me).
Mdx1.png
Mdx2.png
Mdx4 (1).jpg
Mdx4 (2).jpg

From now through

Level 28
1) Rename the buttons to:
"ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN_CR_SS.blp"
"ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN_CR_SS.blp"

2) Does the model you want to import have a texture (a .blp-file) in its folder?
If yes: import and and read the readme to know the path name (what you should've done in the first place).

Or else just link me the model.

Level 35
Ah, I see ap0 beat me to it ;)

Just on a further note, when using passive icons and the likes, use the same file paths.

i.e. For a passive icon of the one you're using in this circumstance, you would have:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASBTN_CR_SS.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTN_CR_SS.blp

Level 8
For the model you must use the path war3map\Imported\model name.mdx
For normal icons make the path only the image name like Lightning.blp
For disabled icons you must use the path stated above or ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\yourimagename.blp

Its CaSe SenSitive too. So make sure the path is exactly as above.

Also keep in mind that newly imported models and icons won't show in the editor right away. You have to close and reopen the editor to see them for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.