• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with many different spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

I'm looking to edit my old Pokemon map so that each spell deals damage in relation to the users stats, rather than just being simple damage (this would make higher level units deal more damage than lower levels).

I know how to do instant damage ones but I've got no idea of how to make more complicated spells.

The main spells needed would be versions of:

Soul Burn, Shadow Strike, Chain Lightning, Immolation, Blizzard and a few others but there's a lot of different ones to be dealt with. Also a basic missile (with no stun) spell would be needed to re-create spells like Ember and Razor Leaf.

If anyone would like to give me a hand that'd be great as I have no idea how to do non-instant spells!!!

Level 22
Soul Burn, Shadow Strike, Chain Lightning, Immolation, Blizzard and a few others but there's a lot of different ones to be dealt with. Also a basic missile (with no stun) spell would be needed to re-create spells like Ember and Razor Leaf.
Do you mean you want the triggered version of these abilities that deal damage based on attributes?

Level 13
Yer something like that yes. The attributes are changed so that they are Defense (Strength), Damage (Agility) and PP (Intelligence)

So certain spells would rely on Damage and others would rely on PP and so on.

Why can't you just have higher leveled abilities for stronger units?

If that's not an option and you want to trigger all these abilities, it won't be very difficult.

As for the "basic missile" use Acid Bomb, and have it do no damage if you're only interested in the visual or trigger the projectile too.

Level 13
At the minute they are still leveled to 6 levels. But this causes some wild Pokemon to feel overpowered as a group of level 16's can easily take down your group even if you are level 35 or so due to spells. The idea of making them be effected by their actual stats would cause a higher level to generally take damage, and if I wanted to go further with this I could cause spells to do less damage depending on the enemies defence. This would mean that lower levels would do pretty much no damage to high levels.

It could be a case of just re-balancing the spells a bit but I thought it'd be better as I would be able to change what each spell is super effective against individually too.

If you want to actually have a look at the map to see what spells are definitely needed I could probably send it to you.

P.S. Some other spells that I remembered are Fan of Knives, Entangling Roots and Aerial Shackles.

EDIT: Acid Bomb is a spell that is used so that may clash? (however that is not too much of a problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.