• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

help with lagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Triggers is only one of the things that can slow down a map. Typically triggers will slow down the loading of a map more then the actualy map play. It also depends on the type of triggers. Trigger length makes no difference, but trigger effects do, mainly special special effects and such.
-VGsatomi

We discussed a little on fixing lag on maps here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=1704

Level 8
The first time you use a model, be it for a unit or a spell, the map lags. If you preplace all the models you can be using, it will cause a longer load time but then no visible lag when the units come to being in the map for the first time.

I've never had any lag issues whatsoever with my multiboard. You might want to post your code, Dread the Undead.

Triggers that deal with everything in the map can cause lag if there are lots of units or objects that it's dealing with. Think about how many of different kinds of objects you have, and if you can cut back on any of them. Furthermore, think about how to best deal with only the units you need to deal with. For example, try to avoid things like "Pick Every Unit in Playable Map Area".

Generally, a trigger itself won't cause lag unless you put it together in such a way that it's doing more than it should. If you posted some of the triggers that you're worried about, we could offer some input about them.

Level 5
team 1 initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn off make footmen gods red <gen>
Trigger - Turn off make footmen gods blue <gen>
Trigger - Turn off make footmen gods yellow <gen>

Make units Footmen red
Events
Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Dark Barracks 0018 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Make units Footmen blue
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Position of Dark Barracks 0023 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Make units Footmen yellow
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Position of Dark Barracks 0024 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

footmen god upgrade red
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes research
Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
(Researched tech-type) Equal to Footman God
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Make units Footmen red <gen>
Trigger - Turn on make footmen gods red <gen>

footmen god upgrade blue
Events
Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Make units Footmen blue <gen>
Trigger - Turn on make footmen gods blue <gen>

footmen god upgrade yellow
Events
Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Make units Footmen yellow <gen>
Trigger - Turn on make footmen gods yellow <gen>

make footmen gods red
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman General for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Dark Barracks 0018 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

make footmen gods blue
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman General for Player 2 (Blue) at (Position of Dark Barracks 0023 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

make footmen gods yellow
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Footman General for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Position of Dark Barracks 0024 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

stop spawning red
Events
Unit - Dark Barracks 0018 <gen> Dies
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Make units Footmen red <gen>
Trigger - Turn off make footmen gods red <gen>

stop spawning blue
Events
Unit - Dark Barracks 0023 <gen> Dies
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Make units Footmen blue <gen>
Trigger - Turn off make footmen gods blue <gen>

stop spawning yellow
Events
Unit - Dark Barracks 0024 <gen> Dies
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Make units Footmen yellow <gen>
Trigger - Turn off make footmen gods yellow <gen>

all of these triggers are in a folder called "army team 1" there will be four folders like this. Each folder will manage 3 players. will this cause the game to lag?

Level 8
You can quite easily combine each of the sets of triggers that do the same thing for different players into one trigger each that does that for all the players.

That *will* cut down on lag.

You can either run the actions individually for each player in the trigger, run them for number players using Player Index, or add the appropriate players to a player group and use a Player Group - Pick every Player in xxx and do yyy action.

Level 5
ok then how do i combine the triggers? i want each team to be seperate and also when one player dies i dont want the others buildings to stop making units. only the player whos building dies should stop making units and be defeated. the same goes with the upgrades. one upgrade should work for one player on a team not all of them.

i could combine them but then i dont know how to make the upgrades and defeats seperate. how do i do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.