• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with ingame terrain change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
You would have to change the blight texture by replacing it with another via importing it. If the wrap is the same, you could just extract the snow texture and upload it to you map with the blight texture's file path, and it will automatically overwrite the blight with snow in your map. If the wrap is not the same, you'd have to extract the blp's, conver them to jpg/tga, cup 'n past the snow over the blight and resave as .blp and upload into your map.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
what file you need to change is something you'll have to find out on your own by extracting it from the mpq, and looking up the path.

If you downloaded something from this site, or another warcraft site, the path should be with the file, or on the url containing the file.

Level 9
i am not in any way being rude to you nor anyone else.
I wast just emphasising that what i said before was indeed the right - and best - way to get what you need.
So i answered your question, after all, that was the entire goal of your post, was it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.