• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with Hosting Legion TD on Mac OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone,

I am new here, so i apologize in advance if I am posting this question in the wrong location.

I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction on this question.

I have a powerful network of computers at my house ranging from quadcore Linux boxes, Quadcore Windows (xp, Vista and windows 7 boxes) as well as a macbook pro i7 maxed on ram, and a dual quadcore mac pro workstation with 32gb memory...

I want to host games/maps on battle.net like I see some of the other services doing, i have a 50Mbit connection at home, and plenty of horse power.

Can someone point me to a guide to either hosting games on the Mac OSX platform, or if thats not possible next most powerful option would be linux, then windows.... It would benefit the warcraft community for me to be able to run continuous games for everyone, so please do let me know how i can help accomplish this.

I havent had the time to endlessly search for tutorials, but i do have technical know how, and am a unix systems engineer by trade, so i think i can easily figure out how to implement this if someone can steer me in the direction of the appropriate tools.

Thanks in advance,

--Cory

Status
Not open for further replies.