• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with hero abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

i need some help with custom hero abilities since my knowledge about variables and hashtables are minor.

I have the idea and the exact stats (like cooldown or damage and so on) but some trouble to trigger them.

If someone interested in giving me a helping hand PM me.

Thanks for reading!

Level 3
@nedio95 I can yes, but there are quite alot of spells i would need help for.

But i can give of preview:

Spell 1: Hero jumps to target location, dealing damage to every unit hit and knocking them into the air.

Spell 2: (Passive) Basic attacks of the hero get additional bonuses: the first one does bonus damage depending on target max health and the seconds one heals depending on target max health.

Spell 3: Dashes forward and increases damage of his basic attacks for the next seconds.

Spell 4: Gains size, attack speed for the next X seconds and the buff "Example Buff". Upon taking fatal damage during the duration of this spell, he channels for X seconds and then comes back to life XX % healt and mana.

These are some of the more complicated spells i think.

It may be impossible in War3 at or vanilla.

What is vanilla? Never heard of it before.

Level 12
What is vanilla? Never heard of it before.
Right, let me start from here.
Vanilla software - Wikipedia

War3 uses JASS for scripting. There is GUI interface for it which commonly is called Triggers or GUI. This is the vanilla scripting package of war3. If you have war3, you have those and you are using them.

Then there are some users who have seen the flaws in those and have said "I want more" and have created other scripts or interfaced other scripts to work in war3.
Those are 3rd party extensions, e.g. not vanilla. You have to download and install extra software to use them but most of them make the map making hell of a lot easier. Most are largely unsupported though.
Examples: vJASS, cJASS, Zinc, LUA, Wurst

Spell 1: Hero jumps to target location, dealing damage to every unit hit and knocking them into the air.
I am absolutely 100% sure that there is one like this in the spells section.
Spell 2: (Passive) Basic attacks of the hero get additional bonuses: the first one does bonus damage depending on target max health and the seconds one heals depending on target max health.
You will require a Damage Detection System(DDS) that can detect Auto Attacks or Physical Damage.
There is no event that detects Auto Attacks in war3 (not exactly, but there isn't anything that is easy or good to use) as such, people have come up with systems that detect damage events. you can find some in the spells section. Most prominent are Bribe's, looking_for_help's and Weep's. (I think also Nestharus and TriggerHappy had one but I don't remember what happened there... ) They are all acompanied with doccumentation, you should be able to figure it out.
Spell 3: Dashes forward and increases damage of his basic attacks for the next seconds.
There are many dashes in the spell section, take any and make it buff the caster with some damage buff.
Spell 4: Gains size, attack speed for the next X seconds and the buff "Example Buff". Upon taking fatal damage during the duration of this spell, he channels for X seconds and then comes back to life XX % healt and mana.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... This is a tricky one... The rest are not only easy, but mostly already existing. Bloodlust buff could give Size + Atk spd for a few sek. The resurrection part would be very tricky... I'd say just give the unit a temporary Resurrection and take it away when the buff expires...

regards
-Ned

Level 39
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (integer a) from 1 to 12 do (actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Player - Disable REVIVE_PASSIVE_SPELLBOOK for Player (Integer A)
        • -------- This is a spellbook that contains only your custom revive ability --------
        • -------- We disable the spellbook so we can give it to units without it appearing on their command card --------
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to BUFF_ME
  • Actions
    • If (conditions) then do (actions) else do (actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Number of units in BUFF_GROUP) <= 0
      • Then - Actions
        • (Trigger - turn on <the third trigger in this post>)
      • Else
    • Unit - Add (Triggering Unit to BUFF_GROUP)
    • Unit - Add REVIVE_PASSIVE_SPELLBOOK to (Triggering Unit)
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.5 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in BUFF_GROUP and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (Conditions) then (actions) else (actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Picked unit) has buff (YOUR_BLOODLUST_BUFF) equal to false
            • (life of (picked unit)) > 0.405
            • -------- Remove if no buff and the unit is alive after reviving --------
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Remove (Triggering Unit from BUFF_GROUP)
            • Unit - Remove REVIVE_PASSIVE_SPELLBOOK to (Triggering Unit)
          • Else - Actions
    • If (Number of units in BUFF_GROUP) <= 0 then
      • Trigger - turn off (this trigger)
    • endif

Status
Not open for further replies.