• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Exporting Textures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've been using slk editor and Warcraft 3 viewer to attempt to extract the lords_Rock Texture and overwrite the outland abyss texture So far I've succeeded in doing so but unfortunately each attempt Makes the colors Ingame and editor More Red than it should be I Would like to know how to solve this problem.

Level 4
a friend taught me how to export textures "ground texture" and "sky" through an easy and comfortable system.

1) Texture care about your "world edit".
2) searching the route imported texture with your name, in this case "lords_Rock" and then use the custom path -> TerrainArt \ Outland \ Outland_Abyss.blp
3) keep the map and restart your "world edit"
4) you open the "world edit" and then the map, and the new texture appear Outland_Abyss Lords_Rock.

this method never brought me problem not even with imports of "sky"

anything if I did not explain well, I say, greetings hope I helped a little.

PD: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/all-warcraft-3-tile-paths-232677/

Last edited:
Level 9
Trying it out now with the texture path Thing is I successfully overwritten it Before but it came out red and not the color it's suppose to be thanks for the link btw.

Level 4
Ok, and since your problem was solved? or leaves you still red?

By the way I tried that texture "lords_Rock" on my map, and appeared with the correct color, however most do not leave because I did not like: P

Attachments

• lord.jpg
    lord.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 102
Level 9
It still leaves with red i think it's from the original outland path i'm attempting at editing the slk files now instead because of this! D: Plus I need the frigging terrain.slk path

Level 4
It still leaves with red i think it's from the original outland path i'm attempting at editing the slk files now instead because of this! D: Plus I need the frigging terrain.slk path

I think the solution would be that the texture downloaded it again, and are importing again, and do the method I told you.

but yet before delete it from your map, and save it, close the world editor before doing this. because apparently you edited. tries have.

Level 9
Yeah I did what you said twice already Both ended up with same error red terrain right now i'm trying to solve the rock error with slk editing I just need that slk path

Status
Not open for further replies.