• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

help with creating a tower with poison slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hi there, i'm having problems creating a tower with poison slow ability, the thing is i can make the tower effect only 1 unit but i can't make it to effect more units.
I want the poison to have an area effect!
thanks in advance!
Edit/Delete Message

Level 16
You cant turn the slow poison ability into area effect ability.

Your options are:

1. Trigger it, for example you would pick all enemy units near the attacked target and create enough dummy units with the slow poison and order them to attack each of the units picked.

2. Use the frost attack. It can be made to do area effect. You can change the buffs icon/tooltip etc. to disguise it as "poison".

Level 5
well good idea but can you write down some general trigers on how to do it.
i've created some trigers but i'm not sure how to make all that work.
like should i put the dummy units into integer or just purley add them in group?

Level 7
use a trigger and trigger it to cast acid vial or w/e it's called (from alchemist) to the target. If you want the poison dmg, use that, if you just want the area slow, frost attack works fine. trigger is:

Event: A unit is attacked

Condition: Attacking unit = to poison man (or w/e)

Actions: Unit - Order (attacking unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid bomb (attacked unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.