• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help with Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, so for my map, im trying to have it where your camera is in third person behind the character. This I already know how to do. But my question is how do I macro the character to move when I hit the arrow keys, and have the camera follow his sight (as in, so it will automaticly look where he is looking when I move)

For me, my commands work somewhat like MUGEN, if any of you know what that is.

Q,W,E,A,S,D are attack commands, Z is spellbook, which will change all commands to spells until you hit Z again, Right clicking will allow you to look around, and of course the arrow keys move your character.

So, how do I macro these?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Thanks. Afterall such an easy thing as this should not need help in the first place. Also may I remind you that arrow keys in multiplayer are bad due to delays and so they can get annoying to move precisly.

Or you could try the one of about 4 dozen such arrow key movement systems that are in the spell section. Whats great about them is if they do not do exactly what you want, you can learn from them and make your own.

Q,W,E,A,S,D are attack commands
Thus use spells in the unit which you then trigger.
Z is spellbook
Another spell.
until you hit Z again
Not too sure this is possiable but there is a hotkey to go back luckilly from within a spell book. To do this you may need to custom trigger your spell book so that it physicly changes all unit abilities.
Right clicking will allow you to look around
Impossiable, you can not convert a binary button into a X/Y thing. Also you can not detect right click anyway effectivly in wc3.
and of course the arrow keys move your character
Simple arrow key movement system. Like I said you use event to detect when a player presses / releases the arrow key and then you adjust the units velocity accordingly.

Level 12
Thanks. Afterall such an easy thing as this should not need help in the first place. Also may I remind you that arrow keys in multiplayer are bad due to delays and so they can get annoying to move precisly.

Or you could try the one of about 4 dozen such arrow key movement systems that are in the spell section. Whats great about them is if they do not do exactly what you want, you can learn from them and make your own.

Q,W,E,A,S,D are attack commands
Thus use spells in the unit which you then trigger.
Z is spellbook
Another spell.
until you hit Z again
Not too sure this is possiable but there is a hotkey to go back luckilly from within a spell book. To do this you may need to custom trigger your spell book so that it physicly changes all unit abilities.
Right clicking will allow you to look around
Impossiable, you can not convert a binary button into a X/Y thing. Also you can not detect right click anyway effectivly in wc3.
and of course the arrow keys move your character
Simple arrow key movement system. Like I said you use event to detect when a player presses / releases the arrow key and then you adjust the units velocity accordingly.

Just a quick comment on two points:
About the spell book, easiest way to do this is by using a spell book with 2 levels, with a spell in each level to switch them back and forth(no command buttons in the book). Also there is the force player to hit escape or something action.

You can get the x/y of the right click:
  • Events:
  • Unit - A unit is issued a target order
  • Conditions
  • Issued order equal to Smart(right click or whatever)
Not too sure what the actions will be, because of the different targets.

Level 16
There are 2 ways with arrow keys (or letterkey-based spells)
You use the left/right (A/D) to change facing angle, or to set if you move diagonal or not
(I would do the first one,,)

Here is what to base it off of.. you need to play around with it but use this

• Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Up arrow key
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Unit wanted to move) to move to position of (unit wanted to move) offset by (How far he is to move) towards 360 degrees
And i'll be truthful with you i suggest World Editor Unlimited for the camera thing because theres a command in there that tells the camera to follow a unit

As for the spellbook and ability casting thing im not seeing much you can do about that..

Status
Not open for further replies.