• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving cameras with items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hello. i was wondering if anyone has seen a camera movement system where u can move the camera with items to make it move up,down,left, right, zoom in and out ,equiped or any other way besides using the arrow keys.

or

if anyone knows how to do this, how would u do it? i have some idea of how to do it but just wondering if it has been done . thx

Level 6
Well, here is my suggestion:
Try to put abilities in these items, instant abilities as like WindWalk or Channel... (Instant Cast, that requires no target unit or area to be used). Then, create a trigger:

Event:
:arrow: A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions:
:arrow: Ability being cast equal to (the ability of the item)
Actions:
:arrow: Camera pan for owner of casting unit to target of camera view offset by (the distance you want the camera moving) and (the angle you want the camera moving) towards.

What I'm wanting to say is that you have to create several items, each one with a different ability that refers to a different angle for the camera! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.