• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Help With Blizzard Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey every1, HAve u ever seen at the start of most wc3 camaign movies they display Blizzard in gold or blue and a shinny white line blairs through the text? I am asking if any1 (probably an artist) to help by making somthing liek this display in the first few seconds of my game. ANy questions please post!!! This is for a remake called War of the 12 Kingdoms. Thanks

Level 6
reason, don't complain about a map, because the editor itself is copyrighted by blizzard and so the map he made, playing blizzard's maps on Garena and Eurobattle.net is ilegal also, because we're breaking the copyrights of blizzard entertainment, implementing the logo in your map wont change anything, since the map is already well copyrighted, unless you make another game that uses w3x or w3m maps. ;)

I can't really understand that logo, I think I never saw it, explain it better please?

Level 15
I think i should complain...cause if he uses the map in Garena or something and has the Blizzard's logo he is completely ILEGAL!...Also the 8 special maps made by Blizzard logo only,the rest of the custom maps in Bnet don't use it at all.
Its a different thing to use the Blizzard logo and a different thing to play custom maps made by wc3 world editor.
He is talking about the little thing in the bottom of your screen shown when you play Blizzard's campaign.

Level 5
well i wasnt using any icon. Rag was right... I want to have the blizzard entertainment show up as like in campaign movies that display for a few seconds... Heres what i mean> such as somthg like this> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-Tu0JKJVM&feature=related But what i was really thinking about was this > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMLbx67tQA&feature=related If some1 can help with that it would be sick!!! I need to somehow make the text a copy with the gold text and blair going through!!! Agian this is the video i was talking about the blizzard logo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMLbx67tQA&feature=related

Level 11
Impossible. Well, at least in Warcraft 3.
Why? Simple, they did NOT use Warcraft 3 to do those cinematics, those are CGI cinematics which are impossible to do unless you have someone who is absurdely good with a 3d modelling / animation program (and I mean it, not even the best Wc3 modelers might be able to do something like that).

Level 35
Why? Simple, they did NOT use Warcraft 3 to do those cinematics, those are CGI cinematics which are impossible to do unless you have someone who is absurdely good with a 3d modelling / animation program (and I mean it, not even the best Wc3 modelers might be able to do something like that).

It is possible and not that hard.. You just need animated texture. But.. I am not going to take the time making it for you - would consume way to much time of mine. Sorry :bored:

Anyway when the model is made, you just place it on some place area and point the cam at it, just make sure to cut the scene before the texture animation repeats.

Last edited:
Level 6
well i wasnt using any icon. Rag was right... I want to have the blizzard entertainment show up as like in campaign movies that display for a few seconds... Heres what i mean> such as somthg like this> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-Tu0JKJVM&feature=related But what i was really thinking about was this > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMLbx67tQA&feature=related If some1 can help with that it would be sick!!! I need to somehow make the text a copy with the gold text and blair going through!!! Agian this is the video i was talking about the blizzard logo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMLbx67tQA&feature=related

[RAINBOW]Ah ok, then I'm right, I think blizzard even thanks you by using their logo in your video ;) [/RAINBOW]

[RAINBOW]Its not that hard lol... Yep Red Baron is right, also making a animated texture requires some patience. ;) Good Luck there. You can place your request in the Requests Section

Some modeler may help you.

Regards,
Ragnaros
[/RAINBOW]

Level 11
Oh, just the logo, nevermind what I said then, thought you were talking about that style of cinematics when you posted the video.

Still, it is going to be a little annoying and will require some patience to do an animated texture that has enough frames for it to be smooth.

Level 5
Ok thanks all. I will make a request in the section. I think it will look pretty cool for a start of a game. Dont u guys agree?

Level 35
Ok thanks all. I will make a request in the section. I think it will look pretty cool for a start of a game. Don't u guys agree?

It would - Remember when you make your request it will be a very good idea to post a lot about the map your making, show screen shots and tell about how much you / and others are working on it. Doing so would increase your chance of finding a helpful person.

Level 5
Red Baron why couldnt u help to begin with again? the map is going to go so far...

Level 5
well can u put me on the list, perferably at the topxD What kinds stuff in editor can you do anyway? my 12 kingdoms map is going to be pretty sick all said and done

Level 5
Im trying to not insert the video but just to have the logo appear somehow as shown from the video. Any1 help?

Level 35
Im trying to not insert the video but just to have the logo appear somehow as shown from the video. Any1 help?

You can actually insert the video itself in the map... I have to do a check up since it ages ago that I last did something like that... But I know I've done it at some point. (maybe a gif... can't recall). (It will only be a short part of the movie though)

Level 5
O that would be so awsome. Yea i really only need like 3 seconds of a video. Do you remember the map that has possibly had it done before?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah a GIF would work since you can import pictures and full screen em (Seen it in a few maps)

Level 5
umm lol. If you guys know so much, any idea how i can get the short 3 sec clip of the blizzard logo into the start of the game?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Get the image turned into a loading screen, import it then use a fade filter with imported selected to choose the loading screen. Then set the filter to fade in over 3 sec use wait to make it stay for a few then use fade out over 3.75 . Should work if its a picture..

Level 5
Actually, I was hoping i could display this about 5 seconds into the game as the start of the intro. Im sure many users would like to see this done.

Level 5
Hmm that didnt seem to be it. Well since your the only 1 who knows whats up Red Baron, think you can try and spend some time on this to help? i know you said your busy but we plan to have the map out by Christmas Day so that gives you 3 months of time to squeeze this in if thats possible.

Level 35
Hmm that didn't seem to be it. Well since your the only 1 who knows whats up Red Baron, think you can try and spend some time on this to help? i know you said your busy but we plan to have the map out by Christmas Day so that gives you 3 months of time to squeeze this in if thats possible.

Did you get something out of that file (map) I linked to?

btw: I might get time during that period :wink:

Level 5
I downloaded it and started it. It had a picture but no video animation of any sort. The picture was displayed for about 1 sec, so i dont think that map was the 1 you remembered.

Level 35
I downloaded it and started it. It had a picture but no video animation of any sort. The picture was displayed for about 1 sec, so i don't think that map was the 1 you remembered.

You played as naruto? Hmm maybe it was the wrong version of it... :con: Dunno the one I saw had a short video of naruto using his trademark attack.

Level 5
hmm must have been wrong 1. Well Red Baron. What would be the best way to approach this? i was thinking of a model with an effect or if this video import may work?

Level 35
hmm must have been wrong 1. Well Red Baron. What would be the best way to approach this? i was thinking of a model with an effect or if this video import may work?

Okay... I will do the following when I get back home: Take the map I have and make a check up on how they did it... Then I'll explain or send you an example..

Status
Not open for further replies.