• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Help with Ability, Based on Ion Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I want to make a trigger spell which uses, WILL THE ALMIGHTY's model, Ion Cannon.

What I want to do with this spell, is to pause the caster and the unit targeted (So single target spell), and during this time both units become invulnerable for the duration of the spell. Now for the first 7 seconds of charging, i want the caster, which is Thrall, to use the slam animation repetitively, so it looks like he is doing something, then once the explosion occurs at 7-8 seconds, it deals 100 damage per second, x3 of the caster's intelligence, for the next 3 seconds, then once the ability is done, unpause the unit, and make them vulnerable again (not sure how invulnerable will work if I want to damage the unit).

BTW what spell will this be based off? Channel since full trigger or another spell?

This ability only has one level, so no levels is required. If anymore information is required please ask freely :ogre_haosis:

Any helpful information from the user, shall be given +rep, triggering would be nice

Level 10
Ok thanks, probably a silly question. If I make the unit invulnerable will that stop the damage I deal in the trigger? Since I want to stop people from casting abilities or attacking the caster and target

Level 10
Ok, I'm half way through the spell, and I based it off Aerial shackles, the only problem is I don't want it to be cancelled once you cast it. How do I stop it so you cannot cancel the spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.