• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok I've been trying making a hero spell that makes the selected friendly unit invulnerable for some seconds, (like divine shield but not on yourself)

However I can't get it to work. I had frost nova as base spell and then I triggered like this:

Events:
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

Conditions:
(Ability being cast) Equal to Wall
(Level of Wall for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1

Actions:
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Resurrect\ResurrectTarget.mdl
Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) Invulnerable
Wait 6.00 seconds
Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) Vulnerable

To me, this should work, but the unit never go back to vulnerable again....

Can I do this different/easier?

Level 11
Your problem was mentioned many times and still it wasn't added to FAQ by The_Raven... What a shame. Anyway, the problem is that "Target Unit of Ability Being Cast" and "Target Point of Ability Being Cast" get reset after one wait so... after a wait, no matter how small it is you can no longer use the "Target Unit of Ability Being Cast". I'm afraid you will have to use a variable to stock.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.