• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help w/ Custom Unit Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I was making custom unit sounds (actually my little bro did, he yelled unrecognizable things into the poor microphone) and I promised that I will make a map with a hero who will say those things he said :3

But when I tried to do it, I followed a detailed tutorial by chocobo on thehelper and it didn't work for me.

1st - I imported all sounds, changed their paths to some unit (in my case it was Units\Other\Nazgrel) and I overwritten all of them with my imported sounds and used the Nazgrel sound on the hero. Didn't work. The hero was moving attacking casting but no sound.

2nd - I tried the same thing again only this time I used the "Replace in-something sound" when right clicking on a unit's sounds. Replaced all the sounds and tried the same thing again. Didn't work

I finally was able to make the unit sound but with hours of triggering.

I was looking on forums with users that had the same problem as I did. Few of them reported the same problem and said they fixed it but didn't mention how. One user said that his sounds weren't in 3d and that is why they didn't work.

I am confused. I'd like to know if you have problems like these and how did you solve them. Thanks

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

THey are not 3d flagged. Infact they are not imported through the sound editor, but through the import manager.
They are in wav.
I have no clue if they are in mono or stereo.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Try checking whether they are mono or stereo and change it to Mono, via Audacity. Some guy had the same problem and the Mono transfiguration saved him. ;]

Yeah I read that guy's thread. I have audacity but how I would save it to mono? Last time I checked there were only sound extensions with stereo?

Status
Not open for further replies.