• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP URGENT HELP EVERYTHING IS GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My map got pretty forked up :S I had lots of imported icons, and now I cannot see any :S same thing happening to some models but all my imported icons are gone the werid thing is I can see them on my import manager and when I check the units I can see them there as well on the specification of wich icon I wanna use, but they wont come out when Im playing WTF is wrong? They were there the last time I tested it.

Level 9
There can be various causes; did you use any 3d party programs to protect/optimise your map? Those could have done something wrong. Also, if you use custom editors, something might have gone wrong there.

If you used none of the above, the icons and models could be broken because of mistakes in editing and saving the pictures (Tga saved 24-bit instead of 32-bit removes the alpha channel which causes the icon/skin to be blank (teamcolor or black)).

If that's still not what happened, did anything go wrong when saving the map last time? like turning off your pc, crashing pc, anything along those lines?

Only thing that is left i could think of is very unlikely, a virus randomly corrupting files, but i couldn't believe one to only attack warcraft 3 maps. So that's most probably not it.

I would indeed recommend you to remove all imports from the map and reimport one or two things, test those first to see if it works, if they do, import the rest again, if they don't, try importing into a clean map and test that. That way you can see wheter it's your map that's corrupted or the editor doing something wrong. In case it's the second, reinstall warcraft 3. If it's the first, find a backup and pray it's recent.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You might have another map opened, did you even bother re-opening the editor. The size of the imported stuff was 0, if I'm not wrong. If that's not the issue, then I can only tell you that there is an edit button, you don't need to double-post. :roll:

Level 9
for a half a year ago i tried to make full starcraft conversion for a Melee playing,and i have had same thing(at my situation all models\icons just have been deleted from the map or have a size of 0 b )

That have ben happened because of a large size of a map(4 mb) at saving time AFTER editting some sounds.

So my opinion is that you have import some sort of a bad icon,that was rised up at the mpq archive and kill other imported files .

P.S. try to import it all again and than save it all (part by part at SEVERAL savefiles !) only by this thing i ressurrected my map

Level 9
path could be different,but the right one is the last one.

Pather at Import Object is just a path of a file at map.mpq . So you may open it by any winmpq programm and loook for it.

P.S. purple.. i'm using ONLY GUI but i have multiinstance... how it could be :D

Level 8
My protection

I have got my new version of the map 3 times

I created 2 folders :
Own Maps Unprotected and
Own Maps Protected

In every folder theres the newest version and the last 4 versions of the map ( so 5 protected maps and 5 unprotected maps )

The new version map ( 3 ) is in an extra folder .
like F://Warcraft/Maps/Sunken_ForceStrike/newvers.w3x

If the map doesn't work any longer , I could load the safe of my map or I could load an older version of my map if I want to do so.

Level 4
Well I saved it, it scared me to hell but thanks 4everthing

Well I saved it, it scared me to hell but thanks 4everthing guys, it was just that something weired corrupted the imported files ALL OF THEM I guess its as Vampire KB says my map is way too big, I just hope I can finish adding all the models and Icons missing on it and manage to keep it under 4 kb :S, It took me a whole day to fix the bug but its safe now, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.