• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help: Trees that wont respawn if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am making a castle builder map where i have setup a nice tree respawn system that is quite simple, but i want to set it up to where the tree or trees will NOT respawn if a structure is build on top of a dead tree. My current tree respawn system will build through the structure(if one is built on the location of a dead tree) and it looks hideons and improbable and just not right. please help. I use GUI triggering and am not good witj jass.

My current 2 triggers for the tree respawn sytem are:

Trigger 1:

Tree Revival Init
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Trigger - Add to Tree Revival <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies))

Trigger 2:

Tree Revival
Events
Conditions
Actions
Wait 30.00 seconds
Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Dying destructible)) life and Show birth animation

Also are other delimmas with-

>If a structure that has been built on the tree or trees is destroyed, then how to make those very trees re-initiate their respawn timers that were once told to stop.

>And it would be nice to have it not just on the actually pathing size of the structure, but for maybe a small amount of space around it as well that trees cannot grow back.

?
thank you and please help?

Level 15
Trigger 1:

• Tree Revival Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Trigger - Add to Tree Revival <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies))
Trigger 2:

• Tree Revival
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Dying destructible)) life and Show birth animation
The above post with GUI tags.

i would also add this line as a condition
  • ((Picked destructible) is dead) Equal to True

Status
Not open for further replies.